No announcement yet.

Visiting the US for the 1st time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting the US for the 1st time....

I've got 2 weeks in San Diego in June and I'm looking for suggestions for stuff to do. (I'll also have a few days in San Fran). I've got all the standard touristy stuff already sorted but I'm sure there will be plenty to see that your standard tourist misses. Any suggestions?

Gaslamp District in San Diego for some nightlife.

If you're with family then the SD Zoo or Seaworld.

Seaport Village is good for dates...

Comment

Don't forget the little things...

Carne asada fries in San Diego.

Clam chowder bread bowl @ pier 39, in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
        I've got 2 weeks in San Diego in June and I'm looking for suggestions for stuff to do. (I'll also have a few days in San Fran). I've got all the standard touristy stuff already sorted but I'm sure there will be plenty to see that your standard tourist misses. Any suggestions?
        Be sure to take one of the hop-on hop-off trolley tours, it's probably the best way to see the City, going over Coronado Bridge in the outside lane while sitting in the window seat (there is no window) is scary as ****.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Padres game at Petco Park downtown then walk about a block to the Gaslamp District. Balboa Park, Museum of Man (in the park).

Comment

whatever you do, don't stop for directions in east la. keep driving. even if that means ending up in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
              Gaslamp District in San Diego for some nightlife.

If you're with family then the SD Zoo or Seaworld.

Seaport Village is good for dates...
              It's me and the girlfriend so the Zoo and Seaworld will be getting done. Also got a bit of sea fishing and whale watching lined up (lol)

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
              Padres game at Petco Park downtown then walk about a block to the Gaslamp District. Balboa Park, Museum of Man (in the park).
              Just checked out the website for the museum, I'll definitely check that out, cheers dude. I'm not a baseball fan I'm afraid. However the girlfriend has been emailing someone at the Qualcomm for the last couple of months and has become rather friendly with her and the kind woman actually gave my girlfriend her contact number and she's going to give us a personal guided tour which is pretty sweet. (I wish we were there in August so I could have got the Packers or Cowboys game)

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
              whatever you do, don't stop for directions in east la. keep driving. even if that means ending up in Seattle.
              duly noted!

Comment

I've been to America onced North Dakota .Defintley visit a steak house if there's any or try the steak.The steak I had in America was quality .I seen this crazy horse memorial

Comment

So Cal in June....gonna be a lot of slutty women running around.

Comment

If you're in SD for a while, it can be pretty cheap to fly to Las Vegas for a day trip with Spirit airlines (see here: http://www.skyscanner.net , hotels in LV are very cheap midweek and hotel shuttles run to and from the airport in both cities.

Oh, and in San Diego when at the Zoo/Seaworld etc be sure to wear sunscreen otherwise you'll look like a beetroot for your entire stay.

Comment

Working...
                    X