Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardest punching featherweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naz's KO of Augie Sanchez is seriously overrated. Augie was knocked out cold by a nobody early in his career, and then John Michael Johnson KO'd him faster and nastier than Naz did. So, Naz putting away guy who had serious issues taking a punch, after nailing him repeatedly, didn't impress me much....and it impressed me even less that Augie was taxing his ass while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      Naz's KO of Augie Sanchez is seriously overrated. Augie was knocked out cold by a nobody early in his career, and then John Michael Johnson KO'd him faster and nastier than Naz did. So, Naz putting away guy who had serious issues taking a punch, after nailing him repeatedly, didn't impress me much....and it impressed me even less that Augie was taxing his ass while it lasted.
      His performance against Sanchez wasnt great but u could really feel and even Hear the power, that KO DID Impress me.

Its not like Naz only stopped Augie tho, he made a habbit out of that *****, his last fight and second last fight where he didnt land his bombs went the distance, other than that only iron chinned Mcculloch and Soto lasted the full course and also a 6 rounder with the incredible journeyman Peter Buckley went to points but Naz stopped him in 4 not long later if i remember right.
      Remember how effortlessly he bombed Said Lawal out? Naz was a puncher of the highest caliber and for my giro the best pucher FW ever saw

Comment

Surg....

Not arguing about Naz's power...and won't argue with anyone who thinks he's the hardest hitting 126lber they've seen. Just saying that I don't think his KO of Augie is one to cite....because Augie could be knocked cold by ANYONE.

Comment

Surg....

Not arguing about Naz's power...and won't argue with anyone who thinks he's the hardest hitting 126lber they've seen. Just saying that I don't think his KO of Augie is one to cite....because Augie could be knocked cold by ANYONE.
          I get what ur saying bud, Sanchez didnt exactly pack granite in the chin department. I just feel like the shots Naz landed to take him out - just by the look and SOUND of them woulda took out better chinned fighters too (too presumptuous?) I do agree there are better examples tho

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            I get what ur saying bud, Sanchez didnt exactly pack granite in the chin department. I just feel like the shots Naz landed to take him out - just by the look and SOUND of them woulda took out better chinned fighters too (too presumptuous?) I do agree there are better examples tho
            I was at that fight and even over the noise from the crowd, with no microphones for for tv sound, it sounded like a gun shot. And to actually see how small Hamed is in person its hard to believe he could generate so much power.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I was at that fight and even over the noise from the crowd, with no microphones for for tv sound, it sounded like a gun shot. And to actually see how small Hamed is in person its hard to believe he could generate so much power.
              I can Imagine! Yeah there was nothing of the Lil Prince but he had him some thick legs and could Bang for real!

On a side note i know a guy who is pretty close with Lee McAllister who trained out of Brendan Ingles gym when he was coming up and he said most of the storys about Naz were made up bollocks - Naz being spotted making kids miss wildly in the playground ect ect..

Comment

.....to his lb4lb puncher status.

Roberto Duran wasn't half the puncher above 135 that he was at that weight....should that mean we take away from how hard he punched at 135? Of course not, so you don't add to a guy's status at at one particular weight, either.
                I'm saying that, given his small number of fights at that weight, you can generalize that he is one of the hardest punchers there given the progression of his career afterward, i.e. if he had stayed at FW we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You have to do that for fighters who pass through a weight class, you don't just immediately disqualify them for taking the next step.

Comment

Tis truly a shame Hamed did not move up to 130 and take on Acelino Popo Freitas. THAT would truly be a fight to remember! Hardest puncher at 126 against the hardest puncher at 130, arguably. Corrales was up there somewhere, but he was too big for Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                    Tis truly a shame Hamed did not move up to 130 and take on Acelino Popo Freitas. THAT would truly be a fight to remember! Hardest puncher at 126 against the hardest puncher at 130, arguably. Corrales was up there somewhere, but he was too big for Hamed.

Freitas-Hamed would have been great fight to see!

Comment

Shot for shot, Hamed was a bigger puncher than Manny Pac at any weight. But, Pac is an infinitely better and more effective fighter than the doofus dwarf was.
                      This sums it up for me. Hamed hit harder and for me was the biggest hitter at FW, certainly in my lifetime. Pac is a better fighter and a cleaner puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X