No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
    Great thread, Jab. I'd like to pose a question on this thread. What 10 fighters active today do any of you feel is HOF bound already? Here are my 10:

Floyd Mayweather
    Pac-Man
    Juan manual marquez
    Klitschkos
    Bernard Hopkins
    James Toney
    Roy Jones
    Rafael marquez
    Ivan Calderon

I know I left a few out, but the rest of you can debate my list and tell me who do you believe is more HOF worthy.
    That question might make a good subject in it's own thread.

Comment

What is you guys prediction on the Khan-Maidana fight tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        It's going to be a great fight. I see Amir Khan winning, but I like Maidana's chances as well. Both are very good, although I like Khan more as I find him very exciting to watch as he can punch and has excellent speed.

This has the making to be the best fight of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          It's going to be a great fight. I see Amir Khan winning, but I like Maidana's chances as well. Both are very good, although I like Khan more as I find him very exciting to watch as he can punch and has excellent speed.

I dont really know enough about Maidana to give an educated opinion, but Khan has impressed me. Flashy combos. Great speed. Terrible chin...

So we know that Maidana can whack a bit, but the question is if he can catch Amir isnt it?

Comment

I dont really know enough about Maidana to give an educated opinion, but Khan has impressed me. Flashy combos. Great speed. Terrible chin...

So we know that Maidana can whack a bit, but the question is if he can catch Amir isnt it?
            I've been impressed by Maidana. He can really hit and has the heart of a killer. If Khan can dominate or even win a fair decision over him I'll start thinking of him as a P4P star.

Comment

Khan by stoppage. I think Maidana is too slow and relying too much on knocking Khan out. Khans speed will be the big difference.

Comment

[QUOTE=BattlingNelson;9767942]I dont really know enough about Maidana to give an educated opinion, but Khan has impressed me. Flashy combos. Great speed. Terrible chin...

So we know that Maidana can whack a bit, but the question is if he can catch Amir isnt it?[/QUOTE]

That's the big question. Maidana has power but he's predictable. He can definitely knock Khan out and it wouldn't bother me if he did lol. But I'm never comfortable picking a guy who is obviously only going for the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Khan by stoppage. I think Maidana is too slow and relying too much on knocking Khan out. Khans speed will be the big difference.
                  I agree that Khan's speed will be the decisive factor. Don't think he'll stand still long enough to get KO'd. I think he'll win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    I've been impressed by Maidana. He can really hit and has the heart of a killer. If Khan can dominate or even win a fair decision over him I'll start thinking of him as a P4P star.
                    It may have been a fair decision, but I'm still not ready to jump on any P4P bandwagons. Excellent fight, despite Joe Cortez.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

So what is the verdict on that? Assuming that Hopkins doesn't steal it next week, of course.

It gets my vote in a close one over JMM/Katsidis and Soto/Antillon. Mares/Darchinyan was pretty damn good too.

Comment

Working...
                      X