Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love how they're promoting Mayweather/Maidana.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how they're promoting Mayweather/Maidana.

"Will Maidana be able to land the big punch in order to change the course of history?"

Translation: "This dude has a puncher's chance".

They would say the same thing if he was fighting Paulie Malanaggi. GBP/Mayweather promotions does well at selling non competitive fights.

Comment

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
      "Will Maidana be able to land the big punch in order to change the course of history?"

Translation: "This dude has a puncher's chance".
      Correct translation: "When you get bored of watching this mismatch, dont say we didnt warn you!"

Comment

The commercials make me laugh. Especially when they promote Broner Molina

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          Correct translation: "When you get bored of watching this mismatch, dont say we didnt warn you!"
          Good one. That's correct. By the 5th round, boxing fans will be saying, why the hell did we pay for this? The Floyd fans will be busy doing naughty things to themselves as they watch Floyd beat on a 12 to 1 under dog like he's fighting a prime Marvin Hagler.

Comment

Carlos Molina is a devastating puncher

He throws punches

Comment

There really hasn't been a promotion for this fight. No media tour, Floyd only doing press when GBP has other fights on.
              Showtime learned after sinking so much into the Guerrero flop that they have to manage costs for this one. Same thing I said for the Guerrero fight applies here, if it hits one million PPV then it will be a miracle. And despite what Shaefer spin was put on it, no the Ghost fight didn't come close to 1m PPV buys last year.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                There really hasn't been a promotion for this fight. No media tour, Floyd only doing press when GBP has other fights on.
                Showtime learned after sinking so much into the Guerrero flop that they have to manage costs for this one. Same thing I said for the Guerrero fight applies here, if it hits one million PPV then it will be a miracle. And despite what Shaefer spin was put on it, no the Ghost fight didn't come close to 1m PPV buys last year.
                You don't know what Twitter is?

Broner and Khan ensure at least a million buys.

Word of mouth, and WSHH does wonders.

Comment

Working...
                X