No announcement yet.

How to neutralize a jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post

When you watch two elite fighters going at it, they tend to go beyond the basics a bit and rarely make mistakes. When watching footage as learning tool, I like to watch footage where one guy is doing most things correctly, while the other guy is not. I find it helps for a good compare and contrast.
    Glad I'm not the only one that does this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Well, let's be fair too. Tyson was in one of the weakest HW divisional times ever. When he did step up to fight top contenders he lost.

Tyson was an intimidator for sure, his head movement was great but I think Tyson is very overrated by his fans.
      Tysons era was definitely on the weaker side, but I think Tyson had a lot of missed potential, I think had he stuck with Rooney and the boys from Cus' gym he'd have put up a good show against the Holyfields and Lewis' and definitely would have defeated Douglas . . . Without getting too far into this particular conversation because its debated in countless threads already. Tyson (though he had an amazing career) was a lot of wasted potential.

But for a short guy, his ability to use his head movement and the peekaboo to get inside on a guy's jab was a thing of beauty. Definitely better in his earlier career, but also a thing I'm quite fond of.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        you want to neutralize a guys jab, 3 simple steps. 1)When he tries to punch you with his jab make him miss and then punch him in his face. 2)When he tries to punch you with his jab make him miss and then punch him in his face. 3)When he tries to punch you with his jab make him miss and then punch him in his face again.

Follow these 3 easy steps and that jab will be neutralized.

Honestly though, a trainer from Kronk showed me the easiest and simplest way to make a guy afraid to even throw the jab let alone just neutralizing the thing. If I see the technique that I spoke of in this thread I will point it out when reading through the posts. I highly (no pun intended) doubt that I will see it in here. A great guy/trainer from Kronk named Earl Smith (rip) taught it to me when I was young and it works like a mf'er. I loved that guy, just a great person.

With neutralizing a southpaws jab its easy and rather simple, I forget who taught it to me but it works like a mf'er too. Haven't seen this technique mentioned either......... Rockin'
        Well now you got me curious . . .

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
          Well now you got me curious . . .
          You played right into his grandstanding

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
            You played right into his grandstanding
            I'm not grandstaning here, you guys are still playing with crayons while coloring strictly within the lines.

Except for the guy that throws a check hook to stop a southpaws jab., lol.

Do you see Scully in here sharing at all? Some things I will keep to myself too.

But if you guys mention either one of the techniques I will give 10 billion points to whoever posted it up.............. Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 06-07-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X