No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Your missing the point so much its ridiculous.

1. If Floyd was an active fighter, NOBODY would have a problem with him fighting Guerrero. It's basically a consensus.

2. The reality is, Floyd is not an active fighter. He fights one time per year. If that one fight for 2013 is Guerrero, than this is a garbage fight and he deserves to be criticized. If he's going to fight once per year, and charge $1,500 for lower level seats, it should be against somebody ranked in the top 5 p4p. There are two qualified candidates who are willing to fight him on that list.
    Agreed.

I'll be happy if he fights twice.

But just that one fight a year being Guererro? Disappointing.

I'm hoping he fights Guererro in June then fights either the winner of Cotto/Alvarez, Pacquaio or Martinez at the end of the year.

I think that's feasible too.

Comment

• Who gives a **** if he fights more than once. There are other fighters to follow. Mayweather vs. RG is a fight Im watching and ordering.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Agreed.

I'll be happy if he fights twice.

But just that one fight a year being Guererro? Disappointing.

I'm hoping he fights Guererro in June then fights either the winner of Cotto/Alvarez, Pacquaio or Martinez at the end of the year.

I think that's feasible too.
        I believe he will fight twice. Guererros a stay busy fight. Hell pick him apart. Gets his body back in the game for like you say another fight later on. And itll most likely be Canelo. Hes not touching Martinez at this stage of his career. Right now its about the big money each fight. Its Canelo or Pacquiao. Either one is very winnable and brings the money heavy.

Comment

• After Pacquiao Marquez 4, I'm boycotting Pac and Floyd's fights unless they fight each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
            Who gives a **** if he fights more than once. There are other fighters to follow. Mayweather vs. RG is a fight Im watching and ordering.
            Of course but the P4P #1 or at worst arguable P4P #1 shouldn't be fighting Robert Guererro as his sole fight of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fight in all honesty and Mayweather's next fight I will be in attendance no matter who it is.

But, if he fights Guererro who let's face it, is quite a soft touch, he should hopefully fight twice that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
              Who gives a **** if he fights more than once. There are other fighters to follow. Mayweather vs. RG is a fight Im watching and ordering.
              I give a **** because I want to see the greatest fighter of our era perform as much as possible before he retires within the next 2-3 years. I want to see his skills on display against opponents who can bring the best out of him. I don't want to see him waste what's left of his prime years sparring on PPV. There is a reason why I try to attend all of his fights live.

If you don't feel the same way, then so be it.

Comment

• Oh God why if Mayweather fought more than once every 10 years would be ok but i wouldn't watch this one at gun point.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I give a **** because I want to see the greatest fighter of our era perform as much as possible before he retires within the next 2-3 years. I want to see his skills on display against opponents who can bring the best out of him. I don't want to see him waste what's left of his prime years against sparring partners. There is a reason why I try to attend all of his fights live.

If you don't feel the same way, then so be it.
                  Prime years?? Hes not in his prime.

Bro Floyd is at the end of his career. Trust me I know its hard to believe but hes almost done. Hes been fighting since 1996. That's what 16-17 years?

Hes on his way out. Hes not fighting 3 or 4 times a year. 2 might even be a stretch. Now about RG. What other fighter is there to fight? Zaveck? Paulie? Who?

If he fights RG most likely its Canelo next and that can be done in November/December '13.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    Oh God why if Mayweather fought more than once every 10 years would be ok but i wouldn't watch this one at gun point.
                    Why would you want to watch any fight at gun point?

But I catch your drift.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Of course but the P4P #1 or at worst arguable P4P #1 shouldn't be fighting Robert Guererro as his sole fight of the year.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fight in all honesty and Mayweather's next fight I will be in attendance no matter who it is.

But, if he fights Guererro who let's face it, is quite a soft touch, he should hopefully fight twice that year.
                      He will have some options for a November/December fight. I think he will fight twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X