Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will McEwan Fight Be Trick or Treat For Peter Quillin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Will McEwan Fight Be Trick or Treat For Peter Quillin?

By Ryan Maquiñana - Unbeaten middleweight Peter Quillin (25-0, 19 KOs) is leaving nothing to chance heading into the biggest fight of his career this Saturday in Cancun against Craig McEwan (19-1, 10 KOs) in what will mark the HBO debut for “Kid Chocolate.”

“I prepare for every fight like it’s on HBO,” the No. 7-ranked 160-pounder in the WBA told BoxingScene. “Come November 5th, I’m going to show why there’s been so much chitter-chatter about me.”

Always looking for an edge to take his career to unforeseen heights, Quillin took a page out of Homer’s book and has carved a circuitous path to the cusp of stardom in his 28 years of age. Originally born in Chicago, his family moved to Grand Rapids, Michigan, during his early childhood, which was a tumultuous period for him.

“My dad was a political prisoner in Cuba and came to this country,” Quillin told MaxBoxing in February. “He ended up becoming a drug dealer and tried to provide. He thought it was the best way to deal with things. He ended up in prison [for six and a half years] and my whole life changed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the more footage i watch of quillin the more worried i am he will KO mcewan. . .

he is fleeter of hand and foot than i initially thought, and he does have that next level power. . . but i still feel mcewan is a more natural boxer with more rhyme and reason. . . i can see why quillin is the favorite, but mcewan has got this!

Comment

Who knocked that kid's tooth out of his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
        lol it appears he has all his teeth. . . just a little space in between! or you talking about mcewan? he's got a busted grill piece as well. . . lol they both hail from FRAGGLE ROCK!

no need to take a shot at the man's physical appearance!

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
          No one knocked out his tooth. Too much Chocolate. Lol He likes the missing tooth. It works for his boxing image. lmao

Comment

i'm curious to see if Mcewen plans to box him or swarm him. I think he could have success with either and should be a close fight no matter what but the pressure style he used against Lee and smothering Quillen may have its advantages.
            Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 11-01-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X