Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Didn't Knock marquez out..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitty Pat Mayweather is afraid to take chances...that is why his style is so boring.

Comment

Cotto would have to do it early if it happened. JMM's stamina is better than Cotto's.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
        Nah 'cause Marquez would keep getting up even if his head is cut off..lol
        +1.

btw, mayweather polls are useless, you have cotto fans and floyd haters automatically voting yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
          +1.

btw, mayweather polls are useless, you have cotto fans and floyd haters automatically voting yes.
          Yep! What he said.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather went hard on Marquez out of respect. I think he could've knocked him out if he wanted.

And yeah I think Cotto can knock Marquez out.

Comment

Juanita has gotten kd'd 5 times by men naturally smaller than Cotto. Juanita has shown tremendous resilience, but, if Cotto gets him just right the way PAC did in their rematch, I don't think Juanita would've gotten back up, and if he did, Cotto would've finished him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
                Maybe, but Cotto would also leave himself open to JMM counters that might discourage him throughout the fight.

JMM doesn't need to fight any WW's though. His best division is FW.
                You really think he could get back down to 126? He's a lightweight now. I'd even be kind of surprised if he were to fight at 135. My guess is that he fights at 140 for the rest of his career and does pretty well.

BUT you're right; he doesn't need to fight at welter ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by masta View Post
                  I don't think Mayweather went hard on Marquez out of respect. I think he could've knocked him out if he wanted.

He went pretty hard on him in rounds 10 and 11. But Mayweather doesn't really have power like that. He didn't have power like that at any weight 130 or up. Cotto on the other hand fights wars of attrition. As he's gotten older he's started to try to box a little, but really he's more of a brawler type who goes for KO's. So, if he were to fight Marquez, he'd at least put more effort into getting a KO than Floyd did. I think he's shot though. So, who knows if he gets the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    cotto is too damn big... of course he KOs jmm.
                    Large, Humongous, epic proportions, gigantic!

Comment

Originally posted by masta View Post

mayweather tried, if you knew boxing well enough you can tell how cautious he was after he went in for the kill after he knocked down marquez and marquez got back up to throw straight hard punches right back.

Comment

Working...
                      X