Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton: Collazo is a horrible fight for Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a stupid fight that even if he wins he doesn't win in the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Oh dont worry, after collazo ices amir he will be looking for another new trainer.
      Your talking as if your Chinno Boy Maidana never switched Trainers

Comment

Khan has the potential to look good in this if he doesn't switch off but of course that is a big "if" with Amir.

It's not that Collazo is a terribly big puncher, he has decent power - most people on here have goldfish memories and only think of the Ortiz fight where Vicky actually quit more than anything.

Collazo is a boxer and Khan usually looks good against boxers. McCloskey was the one time he didn't look so good and that was because he was rushing and lunging in. Hopefully Hunter's more measured approach helps with that.

Comment

Would be good if Luis got rid of Khan for us all.

Comment

This is a solid fight for Khan, winnable and the opponent credible. Collazo isn't spectacular but he is solid. Khan should be too fast for him and should fight at a distance to make sure his chin doesn't get touched.

Khan late TKO.

Comment

I still expect Khan to win but it will not be easy.

This is a testiment to how good Hatton really was at his peak.

I think he made it to P4P #3 or #4 at one point and it's good people can now see how brilliant he was at his best.

IMO, he was probably the 3rd best fighter in the world in the 2005-2007 timeline. Somewhere tied with Cotto and behind Manny and Floyd obviously.

War Hitman!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uklad View Post
                Your talking as if your Chinno Boy Maidana never switched Trainers
                Maidana doesnt get iced and then play musical chairs with trainers like amir does. And maidana finally has a real trainer now.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
                  I know what Ricky is saying, but if Khan ain't ready for Collazo why on earth would he be ready for Mayweather which seem's to be what Khan is proclaiming.

If Khan keep's blabbing on about fighting the best fighter on the planet he has to step up and fight the best welterweights on the planet, and let's be honest Collazo is a little below that level, although a good fighter and one i believe will spark Khan.
                  Because in boxing, styles make fights. At this point it's just speculation anyways.

Comment

It was the best fight for Khan to take imo at WW..Any fight will be dangerous for him,I mean it's his first fight at WW..Khan should be able to win this fight,I agree with Hatton tho..He has to fight his fight,fight at range..He can not let Collazo get inside on him..

Comment

I really don't like Hunter as a trainer either(unless he's training Ward)..Hope it works out for Khan..

Comment

Working...
                      X