No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner: Highway Robber.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    That would be nice if the fight was close. It wasn't.
    i suggest lens craftors or something alike

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      That would be nice if the fight was close. It wasn't.
      Why by the way, is such a great champion having close fights with club fighters who took the fight on 4 days notice?

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        You obviously didn't watch the fight. It was incredibly easy to score.

Broner - 1, 8
        Quintero 2,3,4,5,6,7

Comment

that was no robbery but hey u kids cant stop hating and making things up to discredit him. keep callin him a theif, a bum,immature etc while he keeps winning.

yeah haters keep singin that same tune. LOST TO PONCE! LOST TO QUINTERO!

don't see no losses on his record though wanna point them out for me?
          You need to take boner's ballbag out of your eyes.

Comment

cant wait for this damn fight.... ill send brushes to all broner fans and crow tacos... mexican style..

Comment

Very harsh on Quintero alright. Cards were 78:74,77:75,76:76.

The 78:74 card genuinely is disgraceful. I think you could make an argument for four rounds each, but if you're picking a winner then it would have been Quintero.

Interesting that Quintero never fought after this, despite having an unbeaten record coming into the fight and having won it on a lot of people's cards. I guess he got a taste of boxing politics very early and wanted nothing to do with it afterwards.

Comment

Yeah, Broner lost that fight.

The young guy with the promising future gets the undeserved nod over a guy coming in at short notice, nothing new there unfortunetly.

Comment

1 Broner clear round
                  2 Quintero clearly
                  3 Quintero on activity alone.
                  4 possibly Broner round. Broner literally spazzing out and just flailing with punches at times. Amateurish. Quintero took it off though.
                  5 Quintero good round. Broner looking a bit lost in this round.
                  6 Broner really struggling to land anything at all. He's missing most of his punches though throwing quite a few. not that Quintero is much better but he's certainly landed the cleaner clearer shots overall. Close round, hard to score. Probably quintero did the better work, but both struggling to land anything here. Broner looks flashier but no substance yet. Still too much of an amateur style. I'll go with Quintero.
                  7 Broner round clear. Didn't just flail. Set up his punches and boxed better. Moved well and caught a tiring Quintero coming in.
                  8 scrappy round. Broner throwing much more, but most of it a bit useless and wild. Quintero too tired though. Broner round.

I had it a draw. Not a robbery in my opinion. Couple of hard to score rounds. Both with 8 fights, though broner had 300 am fights and its still very evident in his style here. Throwing completely useless combinations for flash but nothing is doing much and most miss. Very immature fighter here, but he is only 19 so ill give him a pass.

Quintero took the fight on only 4 days and still nearly won. With full training, he would have won it quite clearly I think. If he'd been able to close the last two rounds better and not take off the earlier 4th he could have done very well. As it was, I thought it was a draw. I definitely don't think you can give Quintero all the rounds except for 1 & 8. Broner certainly won 7 and 8 as well as 1. 4 could be argued for Quintero but he didn't really do much while broner just looked amateurish and wild. It could have been an even round too.

Anyway, clear easy to score rounds for Broner were 1, 7 & 8. Clear easy rounds for Quintero were 2, 3, & 5. Round 4 was scrappy, Broner looked awful but Quintero took it off so I leant toward Broner. Round 6 was also scrappy but Quintero worked more, as did Broner but it was very undisciplined, so I went with Quintero. I think a draw is just.

However, it is one of those fights that I don't think you could actually have Broner winning. Six rounds were clear, three for each, and the last two were a bit harder but one was easier to score for Quintero.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    1 Broner clear round
                    2 Quintero clearly
                    3 Quintero on activity alone.
                    4 possibly Broner round. Broner literally spazzing out and just flailing with punches at times. Amateurish. Quintero took it off though.
                    5 Quintero good round. Broner looking a bit lost in this round.
                    6 Broner really struggling to land anything at all. He's missing most of his punches though throwing quite a few. not that Quintero is much better but he's certainly landed the cleaner clearer shots overall. Close round, hard to score. Probably quintero did the better work, but both struggling to land anything here. Broner looks flashier but no substance yet. Still too much of an amateur style. I'll go with Quintero.
                    7 Broner round clear. Didn't just flail. Set up his punches and boxed better. Moved well and caught a tiring Quintero coming in.
                    8 scrappy round. Broner throwing much more, but most of it a bit useless and wild. Quintero too tired though. Broner round.

I had it a draw. Not a robbery in my opinion. Couple of hard to score rounds. Both with 8 fights, though broner had 300 am fights and its still very evident in his style here. Throwing completely useless combinations for flash but nothing is doing much and most miss. Very immature fighter here, but he is only 19 so ill give him a pass.

Quintero took the fight on only 4 days and still nearly won. With full training, he would have won it quite clearly I think. If he'd been able to close the last two rounds better and not take off the earlier 4th he could have done very well. As it was, I thought it was a draw. I definitely don't think you can give Quintero all the rounds except for 1 & 8. Broner certainly won 7 and 8 as well as 1. 4 could be argued for Quintero but he didn't really do much while broner just looked amateurish and wild. It could have been an even round too.

Anyway, clear easy to score rounds for Broner were 1, 7 & 8. Clear easy rounds for Quintero were 2, 3, & 5. Round 4 was scrappy, Broner looked awful but Quintero took it off so I leant toward Broner. Round 6 was also scrappy but Quintero worked more, as did Broner but it was very undisciplined, so I went with Quintero. I think a draw is just.

However, it is one of those fights that I don't think you could actually have Broner winning. Six rounds were clear, three for each, and the last two were a bit harder but one was easier to score for Quintero.
                    I remember scoring the fight a few months ago and I remember Broner won none of the last 2 rounds. The only round Broner won is the 1st round, some other rounds were close. Watch the last 2 rounds WITHOUT the cheerleading commentary of Teddy Atlas, and you will be very surprised. Cause Broner didnt win the last 2 rounds. Both of the rounds 7 and 8 are somehow close but if anybody won it, it is Quintero
                    Last edited by Salardo; 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Did you watch it?

Lets get real for a minute bruh. Adrien lost that fight I scored it 5 rounds to 3 Quintaro. Yeah Adrien has has no losses on his record, that's fine but in regards to how much he is learning each fight, he's a train wreck waiting to happen. He hasn't adjusted since and has been fighting the same way. Boxing 101 is just look at how far apart his legs are. Anyone who knows boxing or boxes can see Adrien's "style" has huge deficits. A guy on 4 days notice stood in with Adrien and made him look like an amateur.

1 Adrien was getting outworked by Quintaro a guy on 4 days notice

2 Quintaro adjusted to Broner's style in the mid rounds by staying on his toes and feinting out Adrien's wide stance as soon as he went wide Quintaro would go on the offense, and land!

3 they gave Adrien the nod based on his talent. He does have a good set of skills, fast hands, good movement, but as Atlas called out, Adrien has talent hat needs space. He likes and organized fight, but when the fight get's disorderly, he can't bring it together to control the action.

I saw a few things also, Adrien has allot of good ability you could see him in the later rounds begin to get into his more natural style of fighting which has allot of movement, he looked good for sure allot more natural. But he looked Gassed out. Mouth open breathing hard for an 8 rounder, that's not good. He is trying to base his stance on things he can't sustain. If Adrien is to get better he needs to address his flaws. Cardio should never ever be an issue, especially fighting a guy who was on 4 days notice.

I think Adrien has the ability, but how he establishes his command of the fight when losing it is weak. His jab is garbage which he needs and he should be throwing allot more body shots to take guys out. He fights like he has been watching highlight reels, which is bad because when you are going for the KO that shot has been SET UP to land Adrien hasn't shown good instincts to do that consistently. So he either get's back to some basics and cleans up his style or there will be a guy out there who will notice these flaws and begin to break him down and take him out.

I think you really need to start learning about what your watching and pay a little more attention to what people are saying. No one his Hating on him they see the ability, but for that ability to become talent he needs to pull it together and start working on the things he's not good at. That's the truth bruh!

If you don't think Demarco see's this, your crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X