Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ward beats Dawson should get be considers #1 p4p?

I mean hes a Gold Medalist, undefeated and would have beaten Kessler,Froch and Dawson.. Thats pretty impressive..
    How Martinez and Donaire are ahead of him is beyond me..

Martinez lost to Paul Williams, and his signiture win is vs Paul Williams at 160..
    Come on now..

Donaire hasnt fought real comp in YEARS and he keeps ducking elite fighters..

Pac just lost to Tim Dog..(controversial but so what, Pac got 2 fake nods over JMM)

Floyd fights once every 2 years..

Just food for thought

No Ward gets no credit for beating Dawson. Its a shame because this should be his career defining win, have no idea why Ward didn't at least make the fight at a fair catchweight.

Comment

No credit for beating Dawson? Really?
      Dawsons the one who said he would fight at 168 and Ward took him up on it..
      Dawson has fought MORE FIGHTS AT 160 and 168 than he has at 175.. So I dont think its a problem at all..

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        No Ward gets no credit for beating Dawson. Its a shame because this should be his career defining win, have no idea why Ward didn't at least make the fight at a fair catchweight.
        dawson has been talking about moving down for years now...he even wanted a spot on the super six, dropping down to 168 gives him the opportunity to become a two division lineal champ which is very rare in boxing

and no...unless floyd retires ward will not be #1, #3 at best dropping martinez to #4

Comment

i think it will depend on the nature of the victory, and how well dawson does at 168, but he'll have a strong case to be made if he's dominant and dawson looks healthy

his recent run is better than that of anybody else in boxing. once a top p4p fighter has cemented himself, he's usually only taken from the list when he loses
          along those lines it will be hard to remove mayweather jr from the top spot, even if his competition has not been as good as ward's and even if he is visibly fading

andre ward does indeed appear to be the heir to the throne

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            if they fight above 168 he cannot fight for his world championship.

and dawson volunteered

Comment

if he dominates, definitely 1 or 2. If he squeezes by, top 3.

Comment

His recent string of victories is arguably the best & he's my pfp #1 already. Beating Dawson simply separates him further.

Comment

If Ward wins, the next p4p ratings will be

1. Pac
                  2. Mayweather
                  3. Ward
                  4. Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
                    If Ward wins, the next p4p ratings will be

1. Pac
                    2. Mayweather
                    3. Ward
                    4. Martinez
                    that's how it should be now (with 1 & 2 swapped).

Comment

Working...
                    X