Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the racist? - Discussion I had on Facebook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Tim, parroting talking points which you heard, who knows where, doesn't help your case. You obviously don't understand the issues at play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      How is one suppose to even answer this?

Oh I see, I am just suppose to take your word that "she is like this everyday."

Here is an idea, if it bothers you so much, de-friend her.

Have you ever been an immigrant? How about one in a country which is not always friendly?

I am an immigrant, in Japan, a country which is generally friendly to white folk, such as me and you, but not universally so.

You mentioned your qualms about immigration.

Let me break something down for you, really quick.

This is sort of a phenomenon in all developed countries, right now.

Basically, populations are aging.

Birth rates are declining.

There is a lack of manpower, and also a lack of willpower, on the part of the domestic populations to do all of the work which needs doing, especially the dirty work.

In steps immigration.

It isn't that hard to understand.
      Yeah I feel really sorry for her plight. Emigrated here from South Africa as a teenager. Enrolled on a state funded A-level course - smoked weed too much, got in with the wrong crowd, impregnated by a drug dealer. Three years later she is now unemployed, has two kids, and relies on the welfare system to provide for her and her family - courtesy of the 'subtly racist' English taxpayer.

We were both in the same position four years ago and studied on the same course. Today, I'm in my last year of uni, working towards a prospective first in BA Politics. She's where she is. I didn't throw away my opportunities and then have the gall to blame other people for the hardships in my life. She does.

So when she criticises the people that allow her to live a life of relative comfort, with no real responsibility, then yes, I believe I'm right to call her out on her prejudice.

And no I've not been an immigrant, but I will be in the summer, as I'm going travelling in Canada on a 12 month visa (hope to move there one day). I will be going with £5000, and looking for work as soon as I arrive. If I'm not accepted or people have a problem with my being there, I will stand up for myself. What I won't do is label an entire nation as racist simply because I don't have the mental capacity to understand that on the whole, some people are good, some and people are bad.

Finally, you seem to have taken offence at my views on immigration, even though they are fairly middle of the road opinions. If you have ever visited or studied Britain, you will understand that as a nation we are desperately overcrowded with a welfare and health care system decaying from the inside out. We simply cannot afford a liberal policy of immigration any longer. There are already enough migrants in this country to fill the dirty jobs that nobody wants to do. Allowing even more in, is counter-productive and will worsen social conditions for all. I'm not supposing a complete halt to immigration, but efforts must be made to curtail the huge numbers of legal and illegal immigrants that enter the UK every year.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
        Yeah I feel really sorry for her plight. Emigrated here from South Africa as a teenager. Enrolled on a state funded A-level course - smoked weed too much, got in with the wrong crowd, impregnated by a drug dealer. Three years later she is now unemployed, has two kids, and relies on the welfare system to provide for her and her family - courtesy of the 'subtly racist' English taxpayer.

We were both in the same position four years ago and studied on the same course. Today, I'm in my last year of uni, working towards a prospective first in BA Politics. She's where she is. I didn't throw away my opportunities and then have the gall to blame other people for the hardships in my life. She does.

So when she criticises the people that allow her to live a life of relative comfort, with no real responsibility, then yes, I believe I'm right to call her out on her prejudice.

And no I've not been an immigrant, but I will be in the summer, as I'm going travelling in Canada on a 12 month visa (hope to move there one day). I will be going with £5000, and looking for work as soon as I arrive. If I'm not accepted or people have a problem with my being there, I will stand up for myself. What I won't do is label an entire nation as racist simply because I don't have the mental capacity to understand that on the whole, some people are good, some and people are bad.

Finally, you seem to have taken offence at my views on immigration, even though they are fairly middle of the road opinions. If you have ever visited or studied Britain, you will understand that as a nation we are desperately overcrowded with a welfare and health care system decaying from the inside out. We simply cannot afford a liberal policy of immigration any longer. There are already enough migrants in this country to fill the dirty jobs that nobody wants to do. Allowing even more in, is counter-productive and will worsen social conditions for all. I'm not supposing a complete halt to immigration, but efforts must be made to curtail the huge numbers of legal and illegal immigrants that enter the UK every year.
        Tim, you held your ground well in that argument. I'm an immigrant and I hate when people talk like Black girl and black guy. I had the same opportunities as my white and black counterparts. I took advantage of them for the most part. Blaming others is ridiculous when it is YOU that squandered all of your opportunities.

Comment

The same girl speaking about Madonna and Jolie's adoption of black children. I agree with her but does she have to use the term 'white *****es'.

even if she was a product of rape wtf gives her the right to flash money and get a human being, if their all concerned about starving children genuinely then why did they not support Zahara from home, because the money they spend on her a month could feed a whole lot more children that they so claim to care for, maddona sickens me **** all these white *****es who flash and grabn from our motherland sicken me, there are children in the US starving why not adopt there?

Comment

Working...
          X