Collapse
No announcement yet.

..What Are Your Thoughts On Medicine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..What Are Your Thoughts On Medicine...

What do you think of prescription pills? Over-the-counter drugs? Eastern medicine? Drug companies? Doctors?

I'll let my feelings be known once the conversation gets rolling or if this thread dies off. Lol.

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
    What do you think of prescription pills? Over-the-counter drugs? Eastern medicine? Drug companies? Doctors?

I'll let my feelings be known once the conversation gets rolling or if this thread dies off. Lol.
    Its a booming business and where the money is the goal alot of people get screwed over for the money profit..... In that sense I dont trust it, plus if you read some of the side effects some of these popular drugs have its effin ridiculous

For example an antidepressant drug as a side effect it has suicide thought WTF!!!!!

Comment

Voodoo is da bomb.

Comment

Standard medicine is a business, and as businesess go, they are made for profit. To gain profit they need a steady flow of customers and not to create wonderpills that will make them all better till the end of time.

On the other hand it has its uses. There are many out there that can only be saved by a scalpel and a steady hand.

Comment

Prescription drugs are a temporary fix to a long-term problem. The money's in the come-back. Eastern medicine is thousands of years old compared to the fairly young modern medicine. Incredibly, Polio is the last known disease to be cured by an American medical researcher and virologist who gifted his discovery for the sake of humanity.

The first tenet of the Hippocratic Oath is "First Do No Harm". Yet thousands are harmed on a daily basis before drugs are pulled off the market due to some "glitch" in manufacturing. This after years of research, patents, and $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Having said that, they do serve an important and critical role during emergencies, but that's where the line should be drawn.

Today's Outrage: Hippocratic Oath Doesn't Protect Investors

By Eric Rosenbaum

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Hippocratic Oath doesn't say anything about doctors and insider trading, or best practices for doctors when advising hedge funds, but it may have to add a clause after the insider trading case launched this week against a French doctor and involving a drug trial from Human Genome Sciences(HGSI_)

It would seem a logical enough argument that a doctor who serves on a drug trial review team for a biotech company wouldn't go blabbing about results to hedge funds heavily invested in the biotech company's stock. Except of course, when the doctor is also working as an adviser to the hedge funds.

Questionable relationships are the name of the game in the drug industry. That's nothing new, and the Human Genome Sciences case is just the latest example. Companies whisk doctors off to fabulous ski weekends, where they aren't just plied with food and drink, but with marketing materials that somehow always manage to figure in their patients' subsequent pharmacy bills. And that's just the local doctor with a run of the mill practice. Medical academies and journals, likewise, didn't have to change editorial standards in recent years because research doctors could always be trusted to provide the truth of study results, or drug company relationships. Suffice to say, Marcus Welby M.D. is not the doctor of today.

The Street

Comment

Working...
          X