Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't HBO showcase Cotto's landed punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you watch Floyd/Pac? Same biased commentary

Comment

Maybe cause cottos punches looked weak, they were nothing to talk about plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
        I was watching this fight, and Cotto was landing some punches, but HBO commentary ignored it while highlighting everything Canelo did. Even when the punches landed on Cotto's gloves, they still acted like it hit. Of course the between rounds replay was showcasing Canelo's punches. I mean, if I'm wrong tell me I'm lying. Those in between replays they were almost all Canelo, right? I'm not lying right? I get it, they're trying to make Canelo the new face of boxing. But they did Cotto wrong last night.
        Canelo won on my card but yes, HBO really is must not listen commentary at this point. Really makes no point. They don't even call the fight. Just take turns sucking d1ck of the fighters.

Comment

I was watching this fight, and Cotto was landing some punches, but HBO commentary ignored it while highlighting everything Canelo did. Even when the punches landed on Cotto's gloves, they still acted like it hit. Of course the between rounds replay was showcasing Canelo's punches. I mean, if I'm wrong tell me I'm lying. Those in between replays they were almost all Canelo, right? I'm not lying right? I get it, they're trying to make Canelo the new face of boxing. But they did Cotto wrong last night.
          You shouldn't be surprised by this. HBO commentators have always been biased towards the house fighter. Jim Lampley was damn near in tears when he mentioned that Marquez KO'd Pacquaio.

Comment

Eh because the fix was in?

Turns out they didn't need a fix in the eyes of most fans, but they were ready.

Comment

The HBO team was a disgrace to boxing journalism, wow!!

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
                LOL another Ricana Falls to the Hands of a Mexican! Business as usual!
                They can hate all the want. Cotto lost and that's all that matters. LMAO

Comment

Cotto can easily go fight on Showtime..... HBO knows whats up.

Comment

The problem is so many of you are looking for any reason to critique the event, that you spend time focusing on who is saying what. We don't even listen to the commentary, we watch the fight. Perhaps if you guys did actually watch the fight, you'd notice Cotto landed very few meaningful punches. Or did you expect the booth to say, "Oh wow Jim, look at that! Thats the fifth soft jab in row that Cotto has thrown, AND HE FINALLLY LANDS ONE!!!"

Just as in the first Margarito fight, Cotto tried to be fancy. No hooks, no uppercuts. Just alot of movement that isn't fooling anyone because you're flicking a jab out there.

FOH.

Comment

Hbo is turning on freddie roach fights it seems.

I notice when canelo threw a three punch combo that hit nothing but air lampley and roy jones acted like it landed, everytime cotto threw and landed javs or punches they emphasized how the shots were not hurting canelo, this is weird because floyd mayweather landed even weaker shots on canelo but still won the fight, cotto landed hard ****s but they underminded it by saying canelo took them easy. no way that fight was 119-109 for canelo, its weird because they screwed cotto on the cards for the floyd fight, floyd still won but he won by a wide margin when many times floyd just stood and got hit in the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                      X