WBC Just Proved What Belts Mean These Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    So if Canelo loses GGG is handed another title..lol
    Not GGG's fault. GGG could have won it in the ring vs Cotto but Cotto chose to bypass GGG and fight Canelo instead which is understandable. Bigger fight, more money. Had GGG beaten Cotto, he could have put all the titles on the line with a showdown against Canelo. Canelo doesn't seem to want to face GGG either.

Now I'm a fan off all 3 fighters, but answer me how is it GGG's fault if he were handed the title since neither Cotto nor Canelo wants to face him for it instead?

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
      No he doesn't by interim champion rules he doesn't ... If the champion can go for any reason the person holding the interim title is the new champion

If the champion is sick and can go anymore
      If the champion move to another weight division
      If the champion is strip for legal reason
      If the champion dies

Boxing is just changing the rules in 2015, Today GGG should be named the new WBC Champion
      Look at what happened when Darius M was stripped of his titles those titles were won of mandos then RJJ had to fight this mandos to win them are there no mandatories or is GGG the only mandatory for the WBC ?

Comment

We all know that Canelo is able to fight for the title because he's a big name and he's Mexican, 2 things the WBC likes. If this had happened 4 days before the Daniel Geale fight, the WBC would've stripped Cotto and moved the belt on to Golovkin.

Cotto told the WBC weeks/months ago that he wouldn't pay the full sanctioning fee. They waited until now to strip him so they could try and get the belt onto Canelo. If Canelo wins you know he will get a exemption/delay on the GGG fight "well Cotto got one to fight Geale so why shouldn't Canelo get one for an easy fight" kind of logic.

I like Cotto and Canelo, just saying, the WBC bent/broke their own rules to have their belt on this fight, then when they found out Cotto wouldn't pay the fees they waited until fight week to strip him so they could still get the sanctioning $$ from Canelo and hopefully have him win the belt, rather than give it to GGG who generates far less money for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          We all know that Canelo is able to fight for the title because he's a big name and he's Mexican, 2 things the WBC likes. If this had happened 4 days before the Daniel Geale fight, the WBC would've stripped Cotto and moved the belt on to Golovkin.

Cotto told the WBC weeks/months ago that he wouldn't pay the full sanctioning fee. They waited until now to strip him so they could try and get the belt onto Canelo. If Canelo wins you know he will get a exemption/delay on the GGG fight "well Cotto got one to fight Geale so why shouldn't Canelo get one for an easy fight" kind of logic.

I like Cotto and Canelo, just saying, the WBC bent/broke their own rules to have their belt on this fight, then when they found out Cotto wouldn't pay the fees they waited until fight week to strip him so they could still get the sanctioning $$ from Canelo and hopefully have him win the belt, rather than give it to GGG who generates far less money for them.
          Good points.

I think Canelo probably should get some fights at 160 before fighting GGG, which i really think he's going to avoid.

Fair enough...if these guys aren't middleweights they shouldn't be holding MW belts.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            Look at what happened when Darius M was stripped of his titles those titles were won of mandos then RJJ had to fight this mandos to win them are there no mandatories or is GGG the only mandatory for the WBC ?
            That situation was totally different.

Golovkin in the mandatory to the WBC belt, there is only one mandatory at a time. If Golovkin is elevated to full champion, he will have his own mandatories to deal with (whoever is #1 or there will be a elimination fight(s) to determine a mandatory between the highest ranked/available fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Good points.

I think Canelo probably should get some fights at 160 before fighting GGG, which i really think he's going to avoid.

Fair enough...if these guys aren't middleweights they shouldn't be holding MW belts.
              Yeah, it'll be a while before he grows into 160. From what I've seen/read, I think Canelo wouldn't even have cared that much if the belt wasn't involved, he just wanted to fight Cotto. But he didn't care about Lara's belt and didn't show any sign of caring about this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Doesn't sounds like the WBC broke any of their own rules here, apparently they've been communicating with Cotto/RN trying to work out the sanctioning fees, giving Cotto/RN to figure it all out. They never did, WBC can't wait anymore so he's stripped of the title.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  That situation was totally different.

Golovkin in the mandatory to the WBC belt, there is only one mandatory at a time. If Golovkin is elevated to full champion, he will have his own mandatories to deal with (whoever is #1 or there will be a elimination fight(s) to determine a mandatory between the highest ranked/available fighters.
                  Oh ok got you thanks for clearing that up..

Comment

Working...
                  X