Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Facepalm

AGAIN; it's not murder, it's punishment for breaking His rules. For the umpteenth time, God gave us life, complete with free will, and in return set rules and warned if the rules were broken there would be harsh punishments. The rules were broken, so God carried out the punishments He warned about it.
    For the umpteenth time....kids and animals cannot break rules they cannot comprehend. But you dont understand why God would do that.

For the adults.. murder was the punishment. Death was the punishment.
    A slow horrific drowning was the grotesque punishment.

No matter what rules were broken, it was a torturous slow death. I would condemn anyone who carried that out no matter what rules they had set. No matter if they gave life in the first place. It doesnt justify it.

I've not ascribed to that logic, so you've made another strawman argument.
    It seems like you are very much ascribed to that logic.
    What are you trying to say here?
    Basically what i said. Killing children is evil. You would condemn it in any other instance, but not if its carried out by a God you have faith in.

What's silly about them?

Look at them. Don't lie. Don't steal. Don't murder. Don't worship other gods. Honor your parents. Don't covet other people's stuff. Don't cheat on your spouse. Chill out on Sunday.
    That was only 9.
    I honestly cant be arsed with debating the absurdity of the 10 commandments.
    Do those seem overbearing to you?
    Strawman. I never said they were overbearing.
    Last edited by The Noose; 11-14-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      For the umpteenth time....kids and animals cannot break rules they cannot comprehend. But you dont understand why God would do that.

A slow horrific drowning was the grotesque punishment.

No matter what rules were broken, it was a torturous slow death. I would condemn anyone who carried that out no matter what rules they had set. No matter if they gave life in the first place. It doesnt justify it.

Basically what i said. Killing children is evil. You would condemn it in any other instance, but not if its carried out by a God you have faith in.

That was only 9.

Don't forget the 9th commandment!....LYING is a sin!

Comment

But you dont understand why God would do that.
        I do, and I've been telling you the answer for days now.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Death and murder are not synonymous. It was death, not murder, that was the punishment.

No, which why I pointed out it was a strawman argument.

That was only 9.
        I left out not taking His name in vain. So what?

So what do you say are absurd about them?

I never claimed you said they were overbearing. I only asked you a question.

Care to answer it?

Much like I had to tell Cuah, don't use big words you don't know the meaning of. It makes one look foolish, and insecure as well.

Comment

I do, and I've been telling you the answer for days now.
          Me: "What sins did the children and animals commit that God saw worthy of drowning as punishment?"
          You: "As to that question, I cannot answer it because I do not know the answer."

Now you're saying you do know??

Do tell.

Death and murder are not synonymous. It was death, not murder, that was the punishment.
          I like how you decide to cut out the more descriptive examples of what god did. It wasnt just death though was it. God could of killed them all instantly. He chose a long slow horrific drowning.

No, which why I pointed out it was a strawman argument.
          So what is God not permitted to do?

I left out not taking His name in vain. So what?

So what do you say are absurd about them?

I never claimed you said they were overbearing. I only asked you a question.

Care to answer it?
          Read what i wrote again.

Comment

Me: "What sins did the children and animals commit that God saw worthy of drowning as punishment?"
            You: "As to that question, I cannot answer it because I do not know the answer."

Now you're saying you do know??

Do tell.
            Cut the smug. It's especially annoying because you are being disingenuous as well.

You're also changing the question, because you are arguing again.

Let me try yet again. What God did He did as punishment. Why He chose the method(s) or severity He chose is something I cannot answer. Stop playing games. You're asking questions and I'm providing answers when I can. You're trying to change and twist the answers you don't like. It's annoying. Knock it off. If you don't want to learn what I can tell you, just say so. I earlier said I don't want to argue. Please respect that.

I like how you decide to cut out the more descriptive examples of what god did. It wasnt just death though was it. God could of killed them all instantly. He chose a long slow horrific drowning.
            It's a moot point. I honestly don't know why you are hung up on it. Death is death.

If it makes you feel any better, God did promise He will never destroy the earth with a flood again.

So what is God not permitted to do?
            I do not know. God didn't tell us what rules He must live by, if any. What He did do was tell us the rules we are to live by.

Read what i wrote again.
            I did, and you failed to answer the question. You called the question a strawman, but you didn't answer it.

Can you please do so now? I've answered your questions when I can, and I'd like the same in return. Thank you.

Comment

• Can you also tell me what you feel are "absurd" about the 10 Commandments?

Comment

Can you also tell me what you feel are "absurd" about the 10 Commandments?
                LOL No.

I feel they are utter bollocks is all i can say.

Comment

Cut the smug. It's especially annoying because you are being disingenuous as well.

You're also changing the question, because you are arguing again.

Let me try yet again. What God did He did as punishment. Why He chose the method(s) or severity He chose is something I cannot answer. Stop playing games. You're asking questions and I'm providing answers when I can. You're trying to change and twist the answers you don't like. It's annoying. Knock it off. If you don't want to learn what I can tell you, just say so. I earlier said I don't want to argue. Please respect that.

It's a moot point. I honestly don't know why you are hung up on it. Death is death.

If it makes you feel any better, God did promise He will never destroy the earth with a flood again.

I do not know. God didn't tell us what rules He must live by, if any. What He did do was tell us the rules we are to live by.

I did, and you failed to answer the question. You called the question a strawman, but you didn't answer it.

Can you please do so now? I've answered your questions when I can, and I'd like the same in return. Thank you.
                  Oh Lordy! lol
                  Im not twisting anything, arguing, being disingenuous etc etc.
                  All these accusations! Some would call them...judgements upon my character! And thats not allowed is it!
                  Honestly, its as if you dont like me! lol

I'll 'cut the smug' if you will.

Please stop playing the victim. Like im being some nasty bully.

Lets make it simple and cut the bs... the questions you cannot answer seem to be the ones i find interesting. I would condemn God, you do not. You say you dont because he (in your belief) gave you life. I find that very very strange.

But lets be honest, we're going round in ****ing circles here.

And death is not death. And you talk about being disingenuous! lol Fuuuuck me!
                  This is exactly why things have got plain silly!

Comment

Everything in that paragraph is complete bollocks.

"I have a false belief"...that would be you judging me. And i dont consider my morals somehow higher than a god i dont believe in. I am just applying morality to this fictitious god, as i would anyone else who drowned kids.
                    Oh poor you being judged on an internet forum. And yes you do consider your morals higher than God. Whether you believe in Him or not is irrelevant, it does not change His existence.

Im not a fan of the death penalty as i have argued on this forum in the past. Where on earth you dig that up from i dont know.
                    More judgement.
                    You're lucky that Old Testament God isnt around now, or he'd kill you for that sin.
                    Kill me for what sin, what are you talking about. The Old Testament didn't go anywhere its still in the bible. If you don't believe then you don't believe, I wont suddenly change your mind, but hopefully, eventually you'll have a change of heart. I'm rooting for you Noose, I'm rooting for you to come to God and I am rooting for you to move out your moms basement, and I believe both will eventually happen.

Comment

Please stop playing the victim. Like im being some nasty bully.
                      I'm not. I'm just not going to be insulted and mocked by someone who is asking me to do something for them.

Lets make it simple and cut the bs... the questions you cannot answer seem to be the ones i find interesting. I would condemn God, you do not. You say you dont because he (in your belief) gave you life. I find that very very strange.
                      How is it strange? You actually just pointed out the very reason I don't condemn Him, because I believe He gave me life. You do not, so you are free to condemn Him if you choose. It makes perfect sense.

But lets be honest, we're going round in ****ing circles here.
                      Not at all. I've been very consistent.

And death is not death. And you talk about being disingenuous! lol Fuuuuck me!
                      Strawman. I did not say "death is not death".

You're trying to argue again....

This is exactly why things have got plain silly!
                      Yes, the fact that you either cannot comprehend, or you are choosing to change what I say is silly. I've asked you to just accept my answers for what they are, but for some reason you just refuse to do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X