Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diaz and Melendez gonna do it for 4/20!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I wonder if he would've proposed if he lost?
    That's the SAME thing I was thinking homie lol. If he lost would he have pushed Gil out of the way and asked to marry his girl? Plus amidst all the boos it slightly ruined the moment.

Comment

i heard diaz got phucked, anyoen have a gif?

Comment

Say what you will about the Diaz brothers they always come to fight. They both have iron chins too. Nate a few of them head kicks before the last one. The problem with Nate is hes just too slow. Wonder if he still wants to move up to welterweight but then he will just be undersized and get thrown around again like Rory did him.

The Main event was very frustrating to watch. I wish Gilbert would have gone after him. I know he had to be careful for the takedowns but he pretty much let Bendo beat him by throwing leg kicks. Gilbert def won 1 & 5, Bendo obviously 3-4, 2 was close but Gilberts inactivity cost him.

Surprised Mir seemed like he wanted to stand with Cormier the whole time. Wish he would have made a better effort to go to the ground.

WTF IS UP WITH CHAD MENDES? Starts off his career boring as hell always going to the distance, now hes KOing everybody left and right lmao, I was expecting a decent scrap with him and Elkins but damn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
          Winning the fight based on chasing a guy around and inviting him to come fight? He MIGHT had been winning but not CLEARLY. I'm not even sure he was winning tbh.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I agree. Diaz wasn't winning that fight at any point

Thomson really impressed me last night. Ive never seen him fight before

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Diaz was winning pretty clearly, and he's made several, several good lightweights looks silly. Thompson is just way underrated. Nate was too worried about the leg kicks, that last headkick was right on. I think Nate was recovering when Joey Beltran stopped the fight, but oh well...
            He wasn't winning the fight at any point..

He lost the first round officially and in the following round got stopped pretty brutally.

Good fights last night anyway.. not seen a corner throw in the towel for sometime in a biggish fight in UFC.

Main event was close... Benson is getting the good end of these decisions. i wonder when this will end like it did for Frankie Edgar.

Comment

Watched it again. Without a doubt in my mind it was 3-2 Bendo. I watched the 2nd round. Gil literally didn't do a thing the entire round. All their mini-exchanges were even but Bendo landed some clean knees that went unanswered by Gil. The problem is during the preview I heard Gil say "I am the type of person that's willing to take 1 to give one, heck I am willing to take 2 to give 1." He didn't even come close to doing this. Gave Bendo way too much respect.
              Last edited by SkillspayBills; 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Winning the fight based on chasing a guy around and inviting him to come fight? He MIGHT had been winning but not CLEARLY. I'm not even sure he was winning tbh.

I agree. Diaz wasn't winning that fight at any point

Thomson really impressed me last night. Ive never seen him fight before
                WHAt????

Look up Yves Edwards vs Josh Thompson. Sick KO! Melendez vs Thompson 2 is an ATG 5 round fight too.

Comment

I like watching the Diaz brothers get beat up, they are both exciting to watch, but they are both so intent on showing how tough they are that they fight stupid and make big mistakes. Melendez showed last night that he is the one fighter from that camp that has the smarts to follow a plan and fight smart and win the big one one day. The fight with Henderson/Melendez was so close it could have went either way.

Nate Diaz fought like a fool last night, to bad for him that brains beats brawn almost every time.

Comment

I thought Melendez won, but he let it go when he could of been more on him

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Noooo way. Master Josh landed the more significant strikes in the force plus got a takedown. All Darth Diaz did that round was pursue. The second he was much more aggressive and was probably winning the round before the stoppage.
                      fixed [because of funny typo]

Comment

Working...
                      X