NME releases "500 greatest songs of all time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NME releases "500 greatest songs of all time"

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/75297

It's some Green Teef magazine, so there's a fair amount of Green Teefery in that list, including tracks from The Smiths, which I've never really understood.

But here's the top five.... No.1 and No.5 are okay tracks, but how they got there I don't know. Even How Soon Is Now? (one of the few decent Smiths tracks IMO) is an odd choice. Call me Godzhand, but the best one here by far is No.3:

1. Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
    2. Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
    3. Donna Summer – I Feel Love
    4. The Smiths – How Soon Is Now?
    5. The Strokes – Last Nite

Just lol at the people who would even think about compiling such a list. Those same people probably get into heated debates who would win a fight - Batman or Superman.

Comment

Not yet clicking the link I can tell from the top 5 it's a british poll which came up with it. Feel free to correct me.

Comment

Where the feck is 'Crossroads' by Blazing Squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
          Not yet clicking the link I can tell from the top 5 it's a british poll which came up with it. Feel free to correct me.
          True, although three there are Fat Yankian.

I wouldn't really have any issues if songs by, say, The Beatles or Stones or, maybe, Radiohead were in there.

But does anyone really think Blur made one of the 500 greatest songs ever?

And I say that as a Blur fan.

Comment

Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of the most overrated songs ever, maybe the most overrated. It's not even Nirvana's best song, let alone one of the 5 or 10 or 20 best songs ever.

Comment

nirvana have like 20 songs better than Smells like teen spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
                Really?.

I could tell it was a British poll with the very first sentence of the thread.

Comment

I hate the NME. Bunch of wannabe hipsters.

Comment

Sorted for Es and Wizz made the cut!

Comment

Working...
                    X