N. Korea Releases Video Showing Obama & US Troops In Flames Propaganda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    No shit, Sherlock.

Well, that is, those with internet access in the North probably aren't on Boxingscene, in any case.

Actually, with respect to internet, there are illegal cellphones in North Korea, and I'm sure they are used to access internet. There are also illicit laptops, etc.

But that's beside the point. When I said "our Korean brethren", I obviously was referring to South Koreans.
    I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. You were translating, not supporting the video. My bad.

Have an internet by way of compensation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. You were translating, not supporting the video. My bad.

Have an internet by way of compensation.
        As a Greyhound bus driver once told me after I arrived at the station late: "Don't apologize, it's not worth it."

Nah, but don't apologize, it's not worth it. And besides, I don't give a fuck.

Comment

I'll let you guys in on a little secret.

I do speak some Korean, and I can read, write, and type the language, etc.

But, I'm far from fluent in Korean.

I understand the grammar to a fair extent, and can communicate some, and have a bit of vocabulary skill, though vocabulary isn't my strong suit in any foreign language.

However, Korean is close enough to Japanese that I can input full phrases and sentences into google translate, and translate them into Japanese, which I am fluent in (from studying Japanese in school for years, and then living in Japan for 3.5 years now, and attending a Japanese-language graduate school). Of course, I still need to refer back to the Korean text, but it is a good tool.

But, the Korean in the video was sort of odd. In frame four, they go into "the laws of survival of the fittest" and how "America eats everything" (or alternatively, "America speaks to these laws", or something), but America is still full of shit, or something. In short, the dialogue is increasingly difficult to follow with each frame. I don't know if there is some 'dog whistling' going on, or what (that is, some subtle messages which are not really clear to an outside observer).

Anyway, these computer programs (like google translate, etc.) are interesting and useful, was my main point.
          Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            That was kinda cute, and somewhat funny.

They did leave out the bit, in between the paying N. Korea off for the fireworks, of when 'America' invaded Iraq on false pretense of 'weapons of mass destruction', including 'nuclear weapons programs', despite UN-inspector reports to the contrary; even going so far as to have the president of the US list Iraq, next to North Korea, and Iran, by name as part of an 'axis of evil'.

In other words, the escalation of the situation with respect to nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula includes a considerable degree of responsibility on the part of the US, as well. The breakdown of political relations is probably more so the responsibility of the US, than any other country.

North Korean international politics also can only be meaningfully understood, in my opinion, within the context of the concurrent roles of several countries. By degree of importance (today), these countries are listed as follows: the US, China, South Korea, Russia, Japan. In other words, it is indeed a major regional conflict. The US is the elephant in the room. China actually plays both sides. South Korea and China are in the thick of things. Russia's global power has relatively declined, but it is still a very important country, and even shares a small boarder with North Korea, and is an important player. Japan is a regional power, has a government which likes to stoke paranoia with respect to North Korea, has a degree of national guilt (e.g. fear) with respect to past transgressions, is constantly unsure of itself, and is to a certain degree a pawn of the US (though you'll find people who will vehemently deny this reality, nevertheless. They are just tools.).

The whole situation is very tenuous.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-22-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

What does America invading Iraq have to do with N. Korea in that skit? What about including the fact that Iraq invaded Kuwait and stroked the fears of Saudi Arabia prompting immediate assistance from America.

America is like that fat GF that everyone makes fun of and calls ugly and evil. Yet behind closed doors they want to make love to her.

Comment

What does America invading Iraq have to do with N. Korea in that skit? What about including the fact that Iraq invaded Kuwait and stroked the fears of Saudi Arabia prompting immediate assistance from America.

America is like that fat GF that everyone makes fun of and calls ugly and evil. Yet behind closed doors they want to make love to her.
                You are lacking a bit of historical knowledge, there.

I'm not going to attempt to educate you.

But, the politics regarding the so-called 'Gulf War', are also interesting.

And, the so-called 'Iraq War', that is GW Bush's war, also has relevance in the way which I alluded to, in particular with respect to the North Korean drive to develop nuclear weapons technology, and to then demonstrate to the world that they had done so.

If you aren't quite up to speed, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go out of my way to explain it all (I'm not saying you aren't, but just explaining my intention. Also, the information is all out there).

Comment

Also, with respect to the "fat girlfriend" "analogy", I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Ground control to major fucking Tom, man. Seriously.

Comment

You are lacking a bit of historical knowledge, there.

I'm not going to attempt to educate you.

But, the politics regarding the so-called 'Gulf War', are also interesting.

And, the so-called 'Iraq War', that is GW Bush's war, also has relevance in the way which I alluded to, in particular with respect to the North Korean drive to develop nuclear weapons technology, and to then demonstrate to the world that they had done so.

If you aren't quite up to speed, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go out of my way to explain it all (I'm not saying you aren't, but just explaining my intention. Also, the information is all out there).
                    Also, with respect to the "fat girlfriend" "analogy", I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Ground control to major fucking Tom, man. Seriously.
                    Hahah, relax, chill the fuk out. I was opposed to the war in Iraq, understand very well it was Bush's war, I just merely asked a question one had to do with the other.

Are you saying that if the U.S doesn't go into Iraq that N. Korea doesn't pursue nuclear weapons?

Funny because if my memory serves me right, Kim Il Sung directive came in the 1960's and they started establishing a nuclear facility in the early 1960's, expanding immensely in the 1980's.

So while I agree that Bush's policies hurried those efforts, I don't think it was the sole reason for N. Korea to want to obtain nuclear weapons.

The fat girl joke was because it seems everything is America's fault, I get it but it's a bit overly done don't you think? Nobody seems to have issues with what other countries do and don't do. It's all about America and they are the cause of all evil.

Also, you're arrogance is not needed. Thanks for educating me though, this lowly Mexican appreciates it. I mean, I have no business even thinking about this complex stuff, I should just leave it to experts like you.

Comment

That fat son of Kim Jong Ill seems to be even more crazy than his midget father.

Comment

Working...
                      X