Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum Too Old For Boxing? Top Rank and Golden Boy Rivalry.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bob Arum Too Old For Boxing? Top Rank and Golden Boy Rivalry.

whenever i see a list of best rivalries, i can't seem to find the most significant one that overshadowed the entire boxing world, the rivalry between TP Promotions and GB Promotions, repercussions which are still felt today. they just hate each others guts.

there was business collaboration between the 2 companies before but bad blood started to accrue after both TP and GB had contract breaches one after another. during the venture, one company accused the other of cheating income (bob arum, the tax attorney that he is, has ways) mayweather had a special part to play, made arum look like a delusional fool in the wake of failed negotiations. lucky for arum, he had HBO back up his claims. that was the last straw for arum who vowed never to deal with GBP and it's affiliates.

i think the blame is on GBP for siding with mayweather that caused a gag order to be imposed on all parties. arum is old school, but he's also street smart and knows GBP has no plans to make peace, or a civil working relationship at the least.

fights like donaire-mares, rios-matthysse, and canelo-martirosyan are forgone conclusions.

your thoughts?

I wonder till this day why is Arum still promoting anyways? The man is 81 years old and already has all the money in the world. But I guess he wants to do it until the day he dies.

Comment

GBP has no plans to make peace or a civil working relationship? Really? Cause every time I read an article about it GBP says they have no problem working with Top Rank but Arum always says he won't work with them.

Comment

GBP and Top Rank are both to blame equally. Arum is a stubborn old man and has no respect for GBP and as we all should know that you really can't work with or for people you don't respect. Arum has no idea what GBP is or isn't willing to do because he hasn't actually sat down at the table with them since 2009. HBO didn't back up Arum's claims they just said they don't know why PBF didn't sign or agree to a contract. Simple answer is it was something in it he didn't agree with. But really it all boils down to respect and Arum doesn't respect them so he says **** them every chance he gets and as a man I can respect that. As a fan of boxing it makes me sick!

Comment

I personally can't wait until he leaves the game, more than likely from death I don't see him walking away any other way. I think Todd DeBouf(sp?) his stepson is going to be taking over and I think he will play well with others, he has on more than one occassion stated that working with GBP is good for boxing which can only be good for Top Rank, Bob just holds all the marbles still and he is a stubborn old prick. There simply isn't the same bad blood between GDP and TR if Bob is out of the picture.

Comment

I think the blame lies squarely on Arum. He has a feud going not only with GBP but also with Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I think the blame lies squarely on Arum. He has a feud going not only with GBP but also with Showtime.
              That's because Showtime is dirty as **** with this new guy they hired. He is a total Golden Boy nut hugger I don't blame Arum for that. However, for some reason he hates the two boxers who when they left him became the biggest stars/highest paid in the sport. Also the fact that guys like Nonito and Rios are always asking to fight GBP fighters and they know it won't happen shows how much Arum has his fighters under his thumb.

Comment

Arum seems to do a good job to me. Maybe promoting fights is just something he loves to do and thats why he keeps doing it at 81. I don't think the feud is anymore his fault than Golden Boy's fault. They insult him all the time and don't do him any favors or go out of their way to work with him. He seems in good shape for his age both physically and mentally. Lots of good fighters keep signing up with Top Rank so he must be doing a good job or they would choose another promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  whenever i see a list of best rivalries, i can't seem to find the most significant one that overshadowed the entire boxing world, the rivalry between TP Promotions and GB Promotions, repercussions which are still felt today. they just hate each others guts.

there was business collaboration between the 2 companies before but bad blood started to accrue after both TP and GB had contract breaches one after another. during the venture, one company accused the other of cheating income (bob arum, the tax attorney that he is, has ways) mayweather had a special part to play, made arum look like a delusional fool in the wake of failed negotiations. lucky for arum, he had HBO back up his claims. that was the last straw for arum who vowed never to deal with GBP and it's affiliates.

i think the blame is on GBP for siding with mayweather that caused a gag order to be imposed on all parties. arum is old school, but he's also street smart and knows GBP has no plans to make peace, or a civil working relationship at the least.

fights like donaire-mares, rios-matthysse, and canelo-martirosyan are forgone conclusions.

your thoughts?
                  So old he's living in the past still and the slaves allow it

Comment

bob arum is too old too racist and too much of a liar for boxing i think the guy is scum hes basically another don king imo maybe just a tad bit better but getting over paid off others hard work and then messes up the sport by not working with golden boy and giving the fans the fights they deserve hes going to screw over boxing till his last breath im sure

Comment

Working...
                    X