Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Gets Gold, Split Nod Over Shakur Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the hype around Shakur was all about. He looked like any average fighter out there, 3-5 punches / round , holding and running. Seems to me that he's Rau'shee Warren V.2.0

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      Ramirez is only 22 and already has 2 Olympic gold medals... Fxck
      He's 24 and will be one of those career amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        The reason Shakur Stevenson lost the Gold Medal

wTF? why was he trying to be like Floyd in there and hold a lot and run the final clock thinking he had the fight in the bag with his big grin, everyone knows this is amateur boxing where punch out put is the main decider, that Cuban was just throwing sloppy punches and won off activity.

I dont get why he was trying to copy Floyd and show off his shoulder roll defense, and than tie up.

Shakur screwed up in a fight he could have won easy he was smiling acting c0cky and even thinking he won you could see him grinning like he could just play the clock out and win ala Mayweather fights.

I think the meeting with Floyd ruined him, he idolizes Floyd and tried to pay homage to him not realizing this is not pro style, this is Ammy style you cant win with that and the clinching.

I already knew the Cuban would take it after the third round.
        Dayum, you Mayweather haters can spin anything to blame on him. For your own sake, Please go enjoy some fresh air and female companionship today.

As for the kid, tough loss. But his future is bright. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
          Not sure what the hype around Shakur was all about. He looked like any average fighter out there, 3-5 punches / round , holding and running. Seems to me that he's Rau'shee Warren V.2.0
          hes american so on this site that automatically means he is the best prospect in the tournament and is going to be an ATG

Comment

stevenson made it difficult but ramirez led the action and had most of the highlights

two immense talents, ramirez is just a little more polished right now

Comment

Lol he fought a guy that's in the class of rigo and loma. He held his own considering who he was up against

Comment

I'm a Cuban and a big fan of rigo , Floyd and Lara . But Ramirez won the figh : connected and threw more punches and went for it .

Shakur fought ala rigondeaux , ala Floyd , ala Lara . Was counter punching and didn't attack that much . He lost .

Shakur has a great future , I'll be his fan cause I like his style : I see a Floyd , a rigondeaux in him ..... But he lost today .

Hope Ramirez defects and come to the USA to fight for us , the free Cubans in exile ....

Come over Ramirez , follow rigo , Lara , King Kong , yuniesky , Gamboa ...come to the USA ...

Hit and not be hit ; can not hit what you don't see .

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  Shaker was robbed yo
                  Nah, Ramirez outworked him and he won every round imo with the 2,3 being close, i was impressed by Shakur, he looked like hes gonna transition well to the pros, but Ramirez definetly deserved this win

Comment

He didn't look as average as the Cuban.

Stevenson was definitely the stronger of the two and landed most of the hard shots.

In such a close fight they should have rewarded the guy that was actually landing shots instead of the guy just looking busy.

Comment

Can't complain about the result, it was a toss em fight. Shakur's were much cleaner, just got outworked a lil. I thought he had round 3 until the last 25 secs when the Cuban threw that flurry. Nothing really landed but it was the stamp on the fight.

Why did the ref break action on that one uppercut Shakur hit buddy with? It was clean as hell and the Cuban just stood there looking dumbfounded for a second or two, then the ref stopped the action. Shakur should've followed it up but he just stood there too. Really weird.

Comment

Working...
                      X