Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Manny be the same after being knocked out cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pepe Smith View Post
    But not fighters who were out cold for almost 10 minutes. I'm talking about the Hatton KO, Roy Jones KO. I cant really think of fighters who came back after being out cold. And i've been watching for a long time.
    Roberto Duran

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      He will probably try to fight smarter this time around. Maybe a little more defensive. The KO probably did affect him in some way, but it will take his opponent to expose that in him and Rios is the type of opponent that could bring that out. Don't look too much into the fact Rios is coming up one division. He's still dangerous for Pac.
      I'm not confident that Pac can fight another way. He never adjusted against Marquez. That's those fights were so close. Considering the Physical gifts he has he should be able to beat Marquez convincingly but he could never figure out that style.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Roberto Duran
        Youre right, I forgot about him. Also Hearns. But I really cant shake that feeling that Pac is Ripe for the taking. Might as well make money on it you know.

Comment

Youre right, I forgot about him. Also Hearns. But I really cant shake that feeling that Pac is Ripe for the taking. Might as well make money on it you know.
          Terry Norris

Comment

Terry Norris
            Would you bet on Rios?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
              He's already been knocked out before and came back stronger.
              Being beaten up would have been more detrimental to him than getting KO'ed cold after pressing the fight; he thinks JMM just got lucky, so his confidence is still there.

I'd be more worried about Donaire after the Rigo fight, that basically put all he knows about boxing into question after that performance.
              How can you be so sure about that? Being knocked out cold could do a lot more damage as far as how you'll be able to take a good punch in the future.

Pac is at the end of his career. Pac has been in wars and taking quite a lot of punishment in his career and in his latest fight he was knocked out cold. I don't care about his confidence coming into his next fight. His chin and body could be breaking down fast now and if that's the case it doesn't matter how good you feel mentally.

Only time will tell what version of Pac we'll see against Rios but he suffered the type of KO loss that can be very difficult to recover from...so people shouldn't be surprised if Pac won't ever be able to fight at the highest level anymore.

If Pac isn't the same anymore then Rios has a very good chance.

Comment

Would you bet on Rios?
                I wouldnt bet on this fight for the simple fact I have no idea how Manny is going to look.

Comment

He was visibly on the slide before the Marquez fight. I would not be totally shocked if he loses this one, in fact I'm even having a few quid on Rios winning by stoppage.

Comment

I wouldnt bet on this fight for the simple fact I have no idea how Manny is going to look.
                    But what is your gut feeling.

I thought I convinced myself that Pac was vulnerable even though Rios style is made for him. but after pointing out that Norris and Duran remained world class after being KTFOed viciously I starting to have doubts.

Comment

I like the odds on Rios vs Pac. I know Rios is tailor made for Pac but after being KTFOed I have a feeling that Pac wont be the same fighter. I can cite Roy Jones as an example and Chuck liddell in MMA. Will pac still be the same? Can you guys help me out?
                      It's your sig. It breeds lies and deceit.

Comment

Working...
                      X