Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins uses side-to-side lateral movement to defeat Dawson just like Pascal did.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins uses side-to-side lateral movement to defeat Dawson just like Pascal did.

Dawson seems unable to get his combinations off on moving targets.

You can count on the intelligent Hopkins to exploit this weakness by constantly making Dawson reset his feet.

Pascal uses side to side lateral movement?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Pascal uses side to side lateral movement?
      Yup. He moves side to side and when he finds an angle he lunges in with combos. He fights in spurts. Lampley calls it "ambush style."

And I agree with texasboi, I think Hopkins will fight Chad like how he fought Tarver. I expect Hopkins to move around while feinting STEP ON CHAD'S LEADFOOT and throw angled combos.
      Last edited by goblin213; 10-03-2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I don't think that's what Hopkins has on his mind.

Comment

At this point in Hopkins stage, nobody should be debating if Hopkins can beat Dawson based on his skills.

But rather, can his body still produce those skills at the level he needs them at almost 47 years old.

That's really been the story of every fight Hopkins has been in for the last 7 years.

We know he has the knowledge and skillset, but can his body still deliver it.

If it can, he wins.. if it can't, he loses.

Comment

I think that he just has to outwork Dawson. Hes got a good chance, Dawson doesnt exactly have a high work rate. He takes time off in almost every round. Im not sure why, if he fought for 3 minutes or even 2 minutes every round he wouldnt be wasting his skills

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
              Dawson seems unable to get his combinations off on moving targets.

You can count on the intelligent Hopkins to exploit this weakness by constantly making Dawson reset his feet.
              If you think Dawson can simply be defeated by using angles you are seriously underestimating Dawson's boxing skills, especially considering Dawson has the faster foot-speed and has the faster hands.
              Last edited by Boxingwizard; 10-04-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Sinclair View Post
                I think that he just has to outwork Dawson. Hes got a good chance, Dawson doesnt exactly have a high work rate. He takes time off in almost every round. Im not sure why, if he fought for 3 minutes or even 2 minutes every round he wouldnt be wasting his skills
                Earlier in his career he had a very high-work rate, up until the Adamek fight. He threw over 50 punches a round against Diaconu which is the average workrate for a LHW, much more than Hopkins throws nowadays.

Comment

I hope Dawson is as great as I think he is. Other wise I put my points on the wrong man.

I'm definitely not confident in Dawson winning, but thats more so to the credit of what Hopkins does in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                  X