No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Ratings Update - Garcia, Wilder, Ponce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene Ratings Update - Garcia, Wilder, Ponce

With action from Heavyweight to Flyweight, boxing fans were treated to a solid weekend. Drama abounded with controversy in spots and big time action throughout. Several men earned their way into the ratings this week and, with only ten per class, others had to go.

This is the BoxingScene ratings update.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why is Steve Cunningham in the top 10 at HW? He was a great CW, but he is more than three years removed from his last significant win (though he arguably beat Hernandez twice), and at HW all he has is a debatable loss to Adamek.

Comment

Cliff, you didn't think the Wilder ko of Malik Scott was fishy?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Why is Steve Cunningham in the top 10 at HW? He was a great CW, but he is more than three years removed from his last significant win (though he arguably beat Hernandez twice), and at HW all he has is a debatable loss to Adamek.
        I agree.

Those rankings are fine, except Cunningham shouldn't be #5 at heavyweight, especially since he was KOed by Fury last year and has no significant wins at HW.

Comment

Up dating one needs to retire, one got a gift decision and the last one was involved in a fix fight

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            I agree.

Those rankings are fine, except Cunningham shouldn't be #5 at heavyweight, especially since he was KOed by Fury last year and has no significant wins at HW.
            I had USS soundly beating Adamek thought he might be too high. Taken into consideration for the next update.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Cliff, you didn't think the Wilder ko of Malik Scott was fishy?
              If you mean fixed, no. The left connected (too many were paying attention to the right). Sometimes guys show up not to fight or freak out about power punchers. I think the chance that a guy who spent year just sort of hanging out might be a prime candidate for non-effort.

OR

Wilder punches like a mofo.

Both can be true. I do know Wilder knocks guys out harder than others. Lyakhovich might be well past it, but I've rarely seen someone just blast him early like that for instance.

Still a work in progress, and his chin is a BIG question mark, but Wilder is otherwise the best American talent I've seen at Heavyweight since the 90s.

Comment

I was hoping to see something a little more conclusive from Wilder to gauge where he's at. The way this happened it's going to leave questions unanswered about him still.

But heavyweight power can be deceiving, especially with these bigger guys. Even a blow that lands less than flush can do damage.

Comment

Working...
                X