No announcement yet.

duran vs leonard 3- a sad sight to see

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duran vs leonard 3- a sad sight to see

I just saw the highlights and i've lost some respect for sugar ray leonard, i felt sorry for duran because he was outclassed and all leonard did was mug to the crowd and beat him to the punch. I saw duran was discouraged and sometimes it almost seemed like he was bullied by leonard because duran just couldn't beat the **** out of him.
    Leonard showed signs of their second fight of how he humialted him into the 'no mas' scenario.
    I was glad when duran gave him a fat cut in the last round on his eye.
    Go DURAN!

that was possibly the only time I hated on Leonard other than the Hagler fight

Comment

Originally posted by welshwales
      that was possibly the only time I hated on Leonard other than the Hagler fight
      i havent seen that fight, what about it?. i though hagler was much bigger than leonard but in that fight leonard looks little bigger than hagler. some can go up and go down but it had no affect on them like roy jones... lucky the are.

Comment

I just saw that fight too. Duran just seemed so frustrated. The look on his face said it all.

I have to say though that Leonard did a keep a very good job of keeping him that way.

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
          i havent seen that fight, what about it?. i though hagler was much bigger than leonard but in that fight leonard looks little bigger than hagler. some can go up and go down but it had no affect on them like roy jones... lucky the are.
          hagler may have won that fight. leonard would launch a barrage of punches in the first 30 seconds of a round, then hagler outclassed leonard in the middle part of all rounds....up to the last 30 seconds wherein leonard unleash another flurry of punches.

it was like this, leonard won the fight based on impressions. but it was hagler who really fought a real fight

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
            well the heaviest leonard ever fought was 165 and when he went back down to 154 he lost to terry norris, so he did not fluctuate that much in weight and when he went back down he lost

Comment

didn't realize there was a Duran-Leonard III---pray tell what happened

Comment

It was one sided. Duran did cut Ray in the 4th round but it really didn`t effect the fight. Leoard danced and won a 12 rd dec. The WBC super middleweight title was on the line ( Duran was the WBC middleweight champ having beaten Iran Barkley ).
                Duran i feel was just in it for the pay day i think!

Comment

Duran was at his best at 135, but he is the man..to go up in weight and be a force at middle againts all the great middleweights of his time says alot..

Comment

The best way to fight a bully like Duran is to frustrate the hell out of them! Sugar Ray did what he had to do to win and you can't argue with that!

Comment

Working...
                    X