No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather PPV Will Do Over 1 Million Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather PPV Will Do Over 1 Million Buys

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer lashed out when BoxingScene.com questioned him about the circulating industry rumors that last Saturday's Showtime pay-per-view, featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero in the main event, was a financial disaster.

The event, which took place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, was Mayweather's first bout of an exclusive six-fight deal that was finalized with Showtime earlier this year. He won a rather lopsided twelve round unanimous decision over Guerrero.

As early as Tuesday, industyr rumors began to circulate that Mayweather-Guerrero had bombed on pay-per-view - generating less than a million buys - and Showtime was going to lose millions of dollars in the process.
    [Click Here To Read More]

but thats not possible, schaefer is lying!!!11111111

Comment

Whoa he's kinda steaming

Comment

shots fired. I will say this. This fight had no buzz. None at all and then it blew up. There were a million tix left for this fight just 2 days before. In those last 2 days they were selling like hotcakes. Stubhub had like 1400 tix left and prices went all the way down to 165 dollars. Then next thing you knew the numbers were dropping like the stock market and guys started doubling the price on the tix again. The building was full that night.

Not only that but literally everyone I talked to after the fight told me about how boring it was. Thats another story for another day but the point is they watched the fight. It was random people who werent big boxing fans. I do think there was a last second rush that couldve drastically changed the numbers on this fight

Comment

Schaefer just owned Fat Dan, Iole, HBO and Top Rank all in one.

If he has the numbers to back it up that would make it even better.

Comment

People always jump to conclusions one way or another. Can we BE PATIENT FOR ONCE!?

Comment

damn thats ether

Comment

lol Schaefer p1ssed.

Comment

Why is he butthurt tho?

Comment

So it over performed in the Mainstream market....I guess the CBS Documentary and the Guerrero NY tour actually helped. Now time to recover the hispanic market with the Canelo fight in September

Comment

Working...
                    X