No announcement yet.

Floyds Pulled Ahead of Manny ATG-Wise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capncrunch View Post
    -No it proves the gap in ability to win a fight against highly skilled fighters without much problem like Mayweather has pretty much done his whole career. the fact that its taken manny this many tries to beat his ATG rival speaks volumes.
    -everyone knows pac tried cherrypicking marquez in the 3rd fight
    -if weight was such an issue why isnt marquez screaming and shouting for a rematch against floyd, like he has for pacquiao the last decade? lol...he knows he cant ever beat floyd.
    Pac beat him twice. They were close fights. Thinking Marquez won them is exactly the same as thinking Pacquiao won them, both are perfectly acceptable.

How is it a cherrypick if Pacquiao knows Marquez is a very hard fight for him? Surely cherrypicking is what Floyd does, and picks fights he knows he can win.

How do you know he wouldn't be calling out Mayweather had he not had a rivalry with Pacquiao?

You ducked the question of why Floyd needed to cheat the weight. I'm neither a Floyd or Pacquiao fan. Please enlighten me

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Pac beat him twice. They were close fights. Thinking Marquez won them is exactly the same as thinking Pacquiao won them, both are perfectly acceptable.
      - the 3rd bout was not close. it was voted robbery of the year for a reason.

How is it a cherrypick if Pacquiao knows Marquez is a very hard fight for him? Surely cherrypicking is what Floyd does, and picks fights he knows he can win.

- because he saw how crap marquez looked at welter the last time he was there so pac brought him up. marquez was getting dropped HARD by katsidis a fight before. Remember team Pac "even god cant help marquez in the ring that night in 2011" they expected easy work.

How do you know he wouldn't be calling out Mayweather had he not had a rivalry with Pacquiao?

- because he admitted himself he doesnt think a rematch is good for him (even though it would do huge numbers)

You ducked the question of why Floyd needed to cheat the weight. I'm neither a Floyd or Pacquiao fan. Please enlighten me

- how do you cheat weight when your opponent knows prior that you've renegotiated the weight agreement. thats like saying hey were gonna fight and im gonna sucker punch you, and you say OK and you let me......but somehow that's cheating? no.
      answers are below the question - i'm hardly a mayweather fan by the way, im getting ready to call him out for ducking canelo once canelo wins and calls him out saturday, so put that on your toast brother.

Comment

The same mosley pacquiao ducked remember, the same mosley everyone said floyd wouldn't fight, and he did. floyd beat marquez more convincingly in 12 rounds than pac could in 48
        Pac vs Marquez was 2-1-1 in favor of Pac > Floyd weight cheated Marquez to make sure he will win.

Floyd made Hatton and Marquez to move up in his weight division to make sure he will win.

Pac koed Hatton faster than Floyd in Hatton's best weight division. Floyd did not.

Floyd barely beat past prime Oscar, past prime Mosley and past prime Cotto while Pac gave them the worst beating of their life in one sided fashion.

Comment

answers are below the question - i'm hardly a mayweather fan by the way, im getting ready to call him out for ducking canelo once canelo wins and calls him out saturday, so put that on your toast brother.
          You still duck the question of weight. You try curve around it by saying it was negotiated, by why the need for negotiation in the first place? Marquez was coming from 135, why did Floyd need the extra weight? The negotiation was days before the fight

As for your answers, you say Marquez was terrible at Welterweight so it was a cherrypick, but you are fine with Floyd fighting him there, making him move up two divisions in the process. So you are admitting the Floyd-Marquez fight is just as much a cherrypick as Pac-Marquez. I'm fine with that. I hope to god you aren't saying Marquez is terrible at Welterweight only when Pac fought him, not when Floyd did.

Comment

You still duck the question of weight. You try curve around it by saying it was negotiated, by why the need for negotiation in the first place? Marquez was coming from 135, why did Floyd need the extra weight? The negotiation was days before the fight

As for your answers, you say Marquez was terrible at Welterweight so it was a cherrypick, but you are fine with Floyd fighting him there, making him move up two divisions in the process. So you are admitting the Floyd-Marquez fight is just as much a cherrypick as Pac-Marquez. I'm fine with that. I hope to god you aren't saying Marquez is terrible at Welterweight only when Pac fought him, not when Floyd did.
            -because floyd doesn't wanna do catchweights is what i've read.

-The difference between the cherrypicks though was Floyd won EASILY- and Pac was outboxed and held his head in shame immediately after the bell rang. big difference, and this was 2 years AFTER floyd schooled marquez, so pac tried the same

and everyone said marquez was old when mayweather was fighting him (he was), marquez was a grandpa when he outboxed pac then.

Comment

-because floyd doesn't wanna do catchweights is what i've read.

-The difference between the cherrypicks though was Floyd won EASILY- and Pac was outboxed and held his head in shame immediately after the bell rang. big difference, and this was 2 years AFTER floyd schooled marquez, so pac tried the same

and everyone said marquez was old when mayweather was fighting him (he was), marquez was a grandpa when he outboxed pac then.
              If he doesn't want to do catchweights, why did he agree in the first place? And why change literally hours before the fight? I can't see any other reason other than weight advantage

Yes Floyd won easily. Styles make fights, like I said before, just because Pacquiao has difficulty with a certain style, it doesn't mean hes any less great. He fought Marquez 4 times to try rectify that. I really can't see how anyone can argue Marquez IV is a cherrypick

As for the grandpa comment, I think Marquez proved indefinitely that age doesn't mean he's shot. He KO'd Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

If he doesn't want to do catchweights, why did he agree in the first place? And why change literally hours before the fight? I can't see any other reason other than weight advantage

Yes Floyd won easily. Styles make fights, like I said before, just because Pacquiao has difficulty with a certain style, it doesn't mean hes any less great. He fought Marquez 4 times to try rectify that. I really can't see how anyone can argue Marquez IV is a cherrypick

As for the grandpa comment, I think Marquez proved indefinitely that age doesn't mean he's shot. He KO'd Manny Pacquiao.
                i didn't say ONE fight meant Floyd was definitively greater, it just means he is the better fighter because he pretty much handles everyone with no problem, on top of all his world class wins.

-and before you go all "its easy to look good against guys you handpick" I do slag him for not fighting Cotto and Casamayor, just like I slag Pac for not fighting Mosley and Guzman.

Comment

• everyone knows it's harder to lose weight than to gain weight. tards are still knocking on floyd for a catchweight clause that actually favored marquez?

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    everyone knows it's harder to lose weight than to gain weight. tards are still knocking on floyd for a catchweight clause that actually favored marquez?
                    and im willing to guess that most people that believe the cw would've benefitted marquez, turn around and believe that the catchweights DONT benefit Manny....

Comment

Working...
                    X