Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Broner so unlikeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he has a fake personality and everbody can see right through it, hes a good fighter but hes a grown man trying to act like somebody else. He thinks the **** he says is clever but he sounds like an idiot everytime he opens his mouth.

Comment

Because haters gonna hate..Should Broner have fought Vasquez instead??Yes..But at the same time Broner is trying to build a name to the casual fan and become a star..I don't hate the man for trying to maximize himself to the overall public..But he has to fight better opponents and soon,there is only but so much of the Rees of boxing the fans will take before they all turn on him...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        Floyd is damn charismatic. In fact I believe he's the most charismatic boxer to ever live, him and ALI. Prince was also very charismatic.
        wow.

Whatever floyd is, it aint charismatic.

Loud, annoying, dumb, contradictory, entertaining, confusing, amusing, etc...but not charismatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Floyd has charisma?
          Yes, very much so.

How many fighters do you think can get away with being so defensive oriented in the ring while being the biggest ppv draw?

Give anyone else the chance to shine on 24/7 against Oscar who fights like Floyd without charisma and he's not a ppv draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            Yes, very much so.

How many fighters do you think can get away with being so defensive oriented in the ring while being the biggest ppv draw?

Give anyone else the chance to shine on 24/7 against Oscar who fights like Floyd without charisma and he's not a ppv draw.
            I agree with this..

Comment

I'm all for Broner's goofiness and blatant disregard for his opponents, but I don't see the need for it against someone of Rees' calibre. Rees, to be frank, should never have been in the same ring as Broner. He's a prizefighter/domestic level fighter and limited at that.

I'd love to see Broner drop his hands against a non hand picked opponent who can actually punch.

Comment

because he is playing a game. he does things on purpose to cause hate. haters may even want to see him lose more then fans want him to win and all viewers equal money. the more haters the better and its easier to get haters then fans in my opinion. if you guys have not figured it out yet fighters like floyd and broner are acting playing a game to get as many haters as possible and its working like a charm. he playing you haters like a fiddle and your all falling for it. thanks to you fighters like the 2 i mentioned are going to be very rich

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  I've asked this question elsewhere as well, why do black American fighters have to act this way for the public to take an interest in them? Fighters of other nationalities generally don't have to do it, even if there are occasional examples of it.
                  Because Mexicans and Ricans just have bigger fanbases in general and get behind their athletes in boxing, a lot of the times they don't excel in other sports as much as say a White American or an African American does (less opportunity for scholarships and don't really have that access in the US)

So for boxing, it leaves a lot of AA's on the sidelines because it's easier for promoters to build up Latino stars moreso than an AA star, so they have to go out of their way to create names for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    Yes, very much so.

I wouldnt say its charisma. Its not charisma that makes people pay attention to a screaming baby on a bus.

He knows how to get attention, and talks a good fight, so people watch. But the fights always are overhyped, and his skills are only appreciated by boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
                      I wouldnt say its charisma. Its not charisma that makes people pay attention to a screaming baby on a bus.
                      Exactly. I don't know anyone who regards Mayweather as having charisma. He draws attention to himself by having an extreme persona which is something entirely different. I geuninely find him very boring as a person. He never seems to have anything interesting to say, and often just repeats some dodgy pre-prepared lines in a somewhat bumbling fashion.

That's not to say that he isn't memorable, because he is. But only because of what a massive cunt he comes across as, and because he's a walking, talking caricature of every negative stereotype people make about African American culture.

That's cool too though, once he accepts it himself and doesn't complain about people not liking him. The public persona his personality is best suited for is being a complete cunt, and being a cunt is a persona that sells. On that level you can't hold it against him.

Comment

Working...
                      X