No announcement yet.

Tecate Builds Largest Retail Promotion Ever For May 7 Pacquiao-Mosley Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tecate Builds Largest Retail Promotion Ever For May 7 Pacquiao-Mosley Bout

Mexican brewer Tecate is “building what it expects to be its largest retail promotion ever around” the May 7 Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley bout, backing its usual PPV rebate “with commemorative cans featuring the fighters and creating bilingual promotional materials for the first time,” according to Bill King of SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL. Tecate will produce “about 100,000 cases -- or more than 1 million of the 24-ounce cans -- for distribution in participating stores in the Western U.S., Texas and Illinois beginning the first week in April.” It also will run a "national program offering a $25 rebate on purchases" of the PPV in all states that allow it. Tecate “anticipates reaching about 20,000 stores with the commemorative cans and eclipsing 50,000 stores with the overall promotion" around the fight, which coincides with Cinco de Mayo. King notes Tecate’s activation in boxing “has been popular with Hispanic grocers” since the company entered the sport in ’07 (SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL, 2/28 issue). Meanwhile, Tecate “did not renew” its deal with ESPN’s “Friday Night Fights,” choosing instead to “sponsor more cards on Spanish-language channels Telefutura and Fox Deportes.” Tecate began sponsoring “Friday Night Fights” in ’09 (SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL, 2/28 issue).

cool can ... cinco de mayo so it makes sense. shame about fnf's, been a great year for espn fnf imo. been real consistent this year with fights and ratings i thought. hope fnf's finds a new sponsor asap
    Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I remember seeing those cans for another pac fight before, dont' remember which though. might have been Hatton or DLH or something.

Are they going to do any kind of rebate deal with the 12 packs. I think that's only GBP.

Comment

I think they have those for the bigger fights I remember seeing mayweather marquez on the cans when they fought

Comment

Sweet they are doing it in my state. I will definitely take advantage of a $25 rebate for the PPV by buying some beer. I was going to be drinking for this anyways. Never had Tecate though so I hope it's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
            Sweet they are doing it in my state. I will definitely take advantage of a $25 rebate for the PPV by buying some beer. I was going to be drinking for this anyways. Never had Tecate though so I hope it's alright.
            tastes like piss imo ... btu $25 is a good deal and after a couple a beers it starts getting easier to drink

Comment

Tecate has become the major sponsor for boxing----the beer ain't great, but I'll get some for the rebate on the Pacquiao PPV

Comment

Does this mean the fight isnt doing so well? I seem to recall some fans on here saying the Mayweather-JMM isnt selling because Tecate was doing sales promotion on the fight/beer.

Comment

Working...
                X