Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fidel Castro issues a warning to Cuban defector Solis...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidel Castro issues a warning to Cuban defector Solis...

In a press release from "El Commendante" himself, Fidel Castro issued a stern warning to professional boxer and former Olympic Gold Medal winner as well as three-time amateur world champion, Odlanier Solís Fonte. He said: "If you quit against Vitaly like that disgrace Gomez, we will take away your relatives' Abastecimiento..."

"Libreta Abastecimiento" that Cuban long-time dictator is referring to are Cuba's official rationing books that the island's people use to get monthly supplies of rice, beans, bread, and on occassion chicken.

This warning comes on the heels of a grossly overweight Solis barely managing a 10th round DQ win over tough but relatively unskilled US journeyman Ray Austin. This earned him a mandatory shot against 40 year-old WBC King Vitaly Klitschko. Vitaly is no stranger to defending his belt against decorated Cubans, has already dispatched Cuban CW legend, turned HW, Juan Carlos Gomez several year ago.

Castro also had this to say about his country's poverty and Solis' weight problem: "You see, my system makes good athletes, we have the best boxers in the world. When he was here, Solis was skinny, we kept him skinny. As soon as he defected he got 'mucho grasa'... If he quits against Klitschko, I will make his relatives pay for his gluttony..."
    Last edited by WladIsTheChamp; 12-18-2010, 02:06 PM.

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
    In a press release from "El Commendante" himself, Fidel Castro issued a stern warning to professional boxer and former Olympic Gold Medal winner as well as three-time amateur world champion, Odlanier Solís Fonte. He said: "If you quit against Vitaly like that disgrace Gomez, we will take away your relative's Abastecimiento..."

"Libreta Abastecimiento" that Cuban long-time dictator is referring to are Cuba's official rationing books that the island's people use to get monthly supplies of rice, beans, bread, and on occassion chicken.

This warning comes on the heels of a grossly overweight Solis bareley managing a 10th round DQ win over tough but relatively unskilled US journeyman Ray Austin. This earned him a mandatory shot against 40 year-old WBC King Vitaly Klitschko. Vitaly is no stranger to defending his belt against decorated Cubans, has already dispatched Cuban CW legend, turned HW, Juan Carlos Gomez several year ago.

Castro also had this to say about his country's poverty and Solis' weight problem: "You see, my system makes good athletes, we have the best boxers in the world. When he was here, Solis was skinny, we kept him skinny. As soon as he defected he got 'mucho grasa'... If he quits his against Klitschko, I will make his relatives pay for his gluttony..."
    dear lord.......why the hell would castro go this low for a boxing match?? that is seriously some fucked up shit right there....i swear castro should be punished severly for this statement....

Comment

Reliable source or bull****.

Comment

Wow. What a prick. People wonder why other countries don't stand a legit chance against Cuban amateurs.... Probably has a lot to do with the fact that no other country has someone this interested in the sport, and this ruthless at the same time.

Comment

If Castro don't get him, high cholesterol will.

Comment

Waiting for someone to post the vid of fidel of falling...

Comment

He said if he quits then his family don't get the food support.

Quitting is for *******.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
                Wow. What a prick. People wonder why other countries don't stand a legit chance against Cuban amateurs.... Probably has a lot to do with the fact that no other country has someone this interested in the sport, and this ruthless at the same time.

You give WladIsTheChamp way too much credit. This is obviously some bulls-hit.

Funny fiction story though.

Comment

Just don't quit Solis, just don't quit !!!

Comment

Holy ****,reminds me of the Louis/Shmelling fight,in political proportion. I think Hitler told Max the same thing! The only good thing i can say about this comment is that ATLEAST IN CUBA the heavyweight champion is still the most prestigious title in sport!

Comment

Working...
                    X