NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I thought it was only one shot?

Where did the whole "dumping out a full clip" come from?
    From me..... I just said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      If Treyvon did not attack him, do you keep the same stance?
      Obviously not and Zimmerman would deserve life in prison.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
        This isn't boxing or MMA where a ref is going to jump in when he sees you can't continue. These are the streets of 2012 where you must do everything to protect your life. This is the day and age when people drop you, they will stomp on your head.

I'm not going just barefists with anyone on the street. Why should I? How do I know the other guy will do the same and show me respect if he has me down? I don't. Call me a coward or whatever, but I'll do whatever it takes to defend myself, even if I have to play dirty.
        Its also the day and age where if you follow someone, get into a scuffle, bang someone out on the street and they didnt even have a weapon on them you goto ****in jail

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I already stated that if Treyvon punched him first, Zimmerman is justified in fighting back.

Regarding your last post. Do we just ignore the audio where Zimmerman clearly stated he was following Treyvon and was clearly told not to by the dispatcher?
          Originally posted by Hous
          When I said followed, I mean following at the time of the attack. Thats key. He was following him before, but he says he lost him and therefore was not following him when he alleges Trayvon attacked him from behind.
          I answered that here.

You cannot use force when the aggressor backs down. In other words, Trayvon wouldn't be using justified self-defense if Zimmermans story is true. If Zimmermans story is not true and Zimmerman was the aggressor its a uphill battle. He will have to prove that he gave up in the fight and Trayvon excalated the force used (bashing his head, if the jury finds that was deadly force). Thats the only way Zimmerman would get off in the scenario. I think its possible he could, but I think most people, including myself would be very disatisfied with that holding. Most jury's don't strictly follow the law in that sense, and he would most likely get convicted.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Head.

BASHED in.... Cmon son.

BASHED? They find the weapon? Medical reports of a concussion?

Or is that just what he said because he just capped a dude.
            Slamming a persons head into pavement with bare hands...

Cmon son

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Even if he did..

With a shove? A punch?

Then Z pulls out a pistol and dumps into him?

Cmon son.
              Wasn't just "a punch" because a witness saw Treyvon on top of Zimmerman punching his face in repeatedly.

I think that's a fair enough point to draw out your gun and protect your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
                Slamming a persons head into pavement with bare hands...

Cmon son
                Cant wait to hear the medical reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by RwK View Post
                  Why do you need a firearm against a 17 yr old boy who wears a fresh prince of belllair turned up hat? I don't see the logic.

He was like to me the most NOT suspect person in a dark block. And that pseudo cop ass hole shouldn't have killed him
                  I'm sure he knew he was 17 just by looking at him. <__<.......

As far as I know, he wasn't directly given a loud and clear command to not follow. Even if he did follow, does that give Treyvon the right to just beat him up? Obviously, GZ had his gun before he even saw Treyvon. To say he used it with the specific intent of murdering Treyvon is laughable.

Some people are basing their argument off of something THEY themselves wouldn't do. Which is follow. Just because you wouldn't do it, doesn't mean you can't. It's hard to justify the "injury" to the back of his head... If he felt his life was in immediate danger, I doubt he would have waited to receive the alleged beat down before shooting him. Why would he scuffle with someone if he had a gun? That makes no sense to me and it just doesn't seem logical.

Also, I don't think he racially profiled, I think he just profiled, but not by race, but general appearance.

Some people are saying they "fought" and saying that's fact. If one guy is allegedly sucker punched, and was allegedly on the ground receiving the business..that is NOT a fight and any sane person would use their gun if it was on them. What do you think would have happened, if that IS true, and Trayvon would have knocked him out cold, dug through his pockets..found and kept his gun and shot him. This would have been on the local news and that's it. "Local man is beaten and shot dead with his own gun"

I really don't like the idea of calling a man racist and saying he murdered someone in cold blood because of it if it's not proven. Those are STRONG accusations. The only "facts" are that GZ shot and killed him. We don't know exactly how it played out and can only speculate based on information that is presented..and that information appears to indicate a seemingly well meaning citizen is trying to make sure somebody isn't up to trouble, and instead finds himself in trouble. It just so happened to be a black guy. How many other people die all the time? Remember, it was dark..that could have easily been a dark skinned middle eastern or hispanic man. If it was, nobody would be saying anything right now imo. Unless we can prove GZ is guilty of his charges and of what he is accused of, I don't think it's fair to assume it's true. If it is, then he can rot in jail for all I care. But I'd hate to see an innocent man go to jail with a racist brand tied to him when it is not true. Hell, even if he's let loose..he's going to have a very hard time in public for the rest of his life and I could easily hear of him being killed

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
                    I answered that here.

You cannot use force when the aggressor backs down. In other words, Trayvon wouldn't be using justified self-defense if Zimmermans story is true. If Zimmermans story is not true and Zimmerman was the aggressor its a uphill battle. He will have to prove that he gave up in the fight and Trayvon excalated the force used (bashing his head, if the jury finds that was deadly force). Thats the only way Zimmerman would get off in the scenario. I think its possible he could, but I think most people, including myself would be very disatisfied with that holding. Most jury's don't strictly follow the law in that sense, and he would most likely get convicted.

Makes sense. I completely agree with that. If Trayvon initiated the fight with physical force, Zimmerman is completely justified to me. If Trayvon did not though, Zimmerman is in the wrong.

I tell people all the time. If I can't handle you with my hands, I'm gonna get a weapon and I typically walk around with a pocket knife so, if Trayvon did initiate the fight. I think Zimmerman is justified.

I just find it hard to believe that if Zimmerman stopped following him after the dispatcher told him not to. That he would somehow get attacked by Trayvon later. That would mean, Trayvon would have to notice him not being followed, turn around, find Zimmerman, and then hit him. Doesn't seem right.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                      Wasn't just "a punch" because a witness saw Treyvon on top of Zimmerman punching his face in repeatedly.

I think that's a fair enough point to draw out your gun and protect your life.
                      lol at that being justified to pull out a gun and kill somebody.

Dude was straight stalked by this guy, got a triple left hook for it and decided to shoot him.

Aight lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X