Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Vs Iron [Rooster4Life Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching this clip with Tyson and the heavyweights yesterday, interestingly enough this thread appeared. Great video, I'd pick Tyson by KO. but as Tyson also quite rightly says in the clip, you never really can tell unless they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I was watching this clip with Tyson and the heavyweights yesterday, interestingly enough this thread appeared. Great video, I'd pick Tyson by KO. but as Tyson also quite rightly says in the clip, you never really can tell unless they fight.

yeah i have seen that, according to Cus the way to beat rocky is to press him.....i can't see that being the case and the fact is Rocky was never beaten so its very hard to guess what it took to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
        yeah i have seen that, according to Cus the way to beat rocky is to press him.....i can't see that being the case and the fact is Rocky was never beaten so its very hard to guess what it took to beat him.
        True, in theory that might have worked, but in reality, the guys that did that got knocked out as well.

But Marciano is always a loser in fantasy fights. Probably because he was so small.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
          i am pretty sure SKD played wing this season to fill out the team..and ofcourse Fergo is better then RTS but there different players...Fergo may be a similar mold to Inglis but that doesnt mean he would automatically be as devastating as Inglis at FB...i could be wrong but im fairly sure Canberra experimented with Fergo at 1 a few season back and it didnt work. but from what im hear RTS is training at fullback at the moment and is training the house down there so....
          Don't think so. Why would he play on the wing and who for? I'm pretty sure Nene McDonald played on the wing though. I'm not saying that Fergo would automatically be as devastating as Inglis now or probably ever but he can still get close! He's got that fend, power, speed, agility. All traits that Inglis posses, he's a bit more naturally talented then Inglis, if he had half of Inglis' dedication who knows where he'd be. Fergo wasn't at Canberra for long, maybe at the sharks he did but that was when he was 19 years old. I don't think RTS would disappoint in the #1, I just think Fergo would be better there.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            True, in theory that might have worked, but in reality, the guys that did that got knocked out as well.

But Marciano is always a loser in fantasy fights. Probably because he was so small.
            It always amazes me that in a sport where we have been shown countless times that the tale of the tape is only as important as the paper its written on that we as fans often always judge a whole fight on it.

Rocky was small yes but physicall strength wise he is up there with the best of them, he could hit as hard as anyone and IMO is the fittest heavyweight to ever step foot in the ring... Mike often out boxed and out jabbed much larger fighters yet when we bring up Rocky "His too small"... or "his a cruiserweight", as i said above Rocky may be small but his physically strong enough to mix it with Mike.

Comment

Also are you the same guy who originally made this

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                Also are you the same guy who originally made this

yes that was a very very very long time ago

Comment

I'd have to give this one to Mike too because of his speed and head movement in his prime to go along with that snap in his punches.

Comment

Great video as usual! Good to see you back!

Comment

It is interesting how both men play into each others weaknesses.... If Rock makes it a while Tyson slows down quite a bit, but talk about a presser! I don't think Rock was pressed by the likes someone like Tyson. I am inclined to agree with the assesment that to beat Marciano one would have to press because by doing so you limit Marciano swarming you continually.

Also... Holyfield is another guy like marciano in his ability to swarm continally and its worth noting he had success against Tyson. Tyson could not press Holly for many reasons, would Marciano know to keep Tyson on his heels? to dig his head down and into Mike as he came fowards? Would he have another way of pressing Mike equal to how Holly did it?

I can never pick in these match ups but I think it would be a great fight with either Mike winning early, or marciano winning late.

Comment

Working...
                      X