Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm NOT sold on Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout has the best resume currently at 154, or is real close with someone like Lara who has those damn unfortunate robberies/endings.

I think he's the man at 154 currently

Plus, he's a humble and respectable professional. I like that. If Cotto was meant to finally pass the torch to a young buck, I'm glad it was to someone like Trout, even if he'll never be a mega star, I like those type of humble down-to-earth fighters. Plus he's a damn good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      I'm a bit on the fence for this one. I believe Trouts the better boxer, Canelo the better fighter.

I could see it going either way. Two young, hungry, undefeated talents going at it, great for boxing and may the best man win.
      Canelo has underrated boxing skills. He's shown really good defense and seems very very patient, and when he has his opponent hurt he doesn't even get excited, he approaches them slowly and cautiously to make sure he doesn't **** up the kill. Then he pounces on them with those hard hooks to the body and head. Can't wait to see Trout running around the ring, away from CanelGOD, trying to outbox him, only prolonging what's inevitable and that is a TKO victory. If Trout doesn't get knocked out and runs all fight, Canelo wins a UD for making the fight and Trout being ineffective with his weak punches that will not phase Canelgod's godly chin.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        true..canelo likes to wait for his opponents to come to him and is very flat footed. i can see trout frustrating canelo with his jab, movement, south paw stance and somewhat awkward style..only success canelo will have is if he traps trout against the ropes..
        Canelo loads up on all his punches and fights in spurts with ****ty stamina. He's gonna have a hard time catching a very mobile fighter like Trout. Let's not forget his ****ty defense going up against a rangy counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I think Trout will have a easier time with Canelo then he had with Cotto! Too skilled all around and I think his style is a match up nighmare for anybody at 154 and yes that includes Mayweather! I think he beats Mayweather!
          I don't believe that Trout will have an easier fight with Canelo unless he truly is a hype job. People are focusing too much on that win against Cotto.

It will be different against Canelo. People think Trout will be able to use his size/reach advantageously as he did against Cotto. Well, Canelo is bigger than Cotto and similarly, Canelo has more of a reach. In fact, its close to Trout's height/reach. So Canelo may have an easier time getting on the inside with Trout than Cotto. That is where Cotto struggled badly. That and Cotto faded during the fight.

There were a few rounds where I saw Cotto taking it to Trout. That left questions as to how Trout could handle someone who is a true 154lbs and has good power in his punches.

What we need to see though is can Canelo handle someone with Trout's skill level and movement. Also, Canelo has shown to have some stamina issues but sometimes that is solved with time/maturity.

So there are questions that will be answered in May.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            I don't believe that Trout will have an easier fight with Canelo unless he truly is a hype job. People are focusing too much on that win against Cotto.

It will be different against Canelo. People think Trout will be able to use his size/reach advantageously as he did against Cotto. Well, Canelo is bigger than Cotto and similarly, Canelo has more of a reach. In fact, its close to Trout's height/reach. So Canelo may have an easier time getting on the inside with Trout than Cotto. That is where Cotto struggled badly. That and Cotto faded during the fight.

There were a few rounds where I saw Cotto taking it to Trout. That left questions as to how Trout could handle someone who is a true 154lbs and has good power in his punches.

What we need to see though is can Canelo handle someone with Trout's skill level and movement.

So there are questions that will be answered in May.
            The irony... Did you not see the 2nd round (I believe) of Canelo-Lopez when Lopez had Canelo on the ropes? And not just that fight, there's a reason why this guy is fighting smaller and shot fighters. You gotta ask yourself how he will do vs a REAL 154 lber.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              Trout UDs canelo but gets robbed.......
              You think the Haymon fighter will get robbed?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                The irony... Did you not see the 2nd round (I believe) of Canelo-Lopez when Lopez had Canelo on the ropes? And not just that fight, there's a reason why this guy is fighting smaller and shot fighters. You gotta ask yourself how he will do vs a REAL 154 lber.
                I agree. I have seen Canelo looking really bad in some of his fights. Not the whole fight but for a few rounds, he looked like a hype job. The good thing is that one or two rounds later, he would manage to take control and beat his opponent.

I also agree that we need to see him against stiff 154lb competition and see if he can do the same as he did against those smaller or not as qualified opponents.

What I'm saying is that BOTH Trout and Canelo still need to prove themselves BUT I don't believe Trout will have an easier time than when he fought Cotto.
                Last edited by ADP02; 02-15-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Trout has the best resume currently at 154, or is real close with someone like Lara who has those damn unfortunate robberies/endings.

I think he's the man at 154 currently

Plus, he's a humble and respectable professional. I like that. If Cotto was meant to finally pass the torch to a young buck, I'm glad it was to someone like Trout, even if he'll never be a mega star, I like those type of humble down-to-earth fighters. Plus he's a damn good boxer.
                  Carlos Molina has it. He beat Lara - which as a single win is probably more impressive than beating a past-prime Cotto - and he clearly beat Kirkland before Texas happened.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  You think the Haymon fighter will get robbed?
                  When there's a potential $75m in profit to be had, then hell yes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                    Carlos Molina has it. He beat Lara - which as a single win is probably more impressive than beating a past-prime Cotto - and he clearly beat Kirkland before Texas happened.

When there's a potential $75m in profit to be had, then hell yes.
                    Haymon has Floyd, Broner, Santa Cruz and numerous other young fighters. GBP won't pull any funny **** without him knowing about it. Cotto vs. Canelo was the fight to make before Trout beat him. It would have made perfect sense to rob him then.

Comment

Working...
                    X