Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos an offensive come forward fighter who throws combos who doesn't get hit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    I see a lot of people talking about GGG, Pacquaio, Thurman, and now kovalev, saying they have suspect defense because they get hit.
    Can anyone tell me some guys who fight aggressively, throw combinations, and are known as "offensive" fighters who don't get hit?
    Just trying to figure out how people expect guys to throw punches in bunches and never get hit in return against other professional fighters..
    prime Mike Tyson, for one; weaving his head on the way in, slipping shots, getting his own shots off after ducking shots, making guys miss and making them pay.

prime James Toney was kind of like that, too; catch-and-shooting off of his Philly shell, etc.

Boxing is the art of "hit and don't get hit"; it's not "rock-em, sock-em robots"

Comment

Pac has been hit less than Mayweather in their last five fights. That's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
        I spit out soda and im not even drinking soda
        ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Vitali was like that

Comment

Might get some heat for this, but don't consider Thurman an offensive fighter. I think he is more of a boxer with good offensive skills: speed, power. I consider a fighter an offensive fighter if he is mostly a come forward kind of guy and is known more his offense than his defense. Whereas, I think Thurman's best attribute is his boxing ability, with all honesty. His offensive strengths just make such a dangerous opponent.

Personally, Thurman's style is probably my favorite, good boxing skills with good power. The combination of nice boxing ability, defense, intelligence, and knockout power make for an almost unbeatable fighter. You don't find those attributes often.

Anyway, there were some fighters that were mostly offensive, but had great defense, or at least underrated defense. Chavez Sr. definitely comes to mind. He was definitely great with anticipating shots on the inside, bending at the waist, good head movement, pushing fighters off with the shoulder. Very underrated defense. But, yes offensive fighters understand that if you are pressing the fight, you are bound to take some punches.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              Pac has been hit less than Mayweather in their last five fights. That's a fact.
              That's true only since the knockout, for their last 3 fights.

Algieri landed 108/462 @ 23%

In the rematch Bradley landed 141/627 @ 22%

Rios landed 138/502 @ 27%

================

In the rematch Maidana landed 128/572 @ 22%

In the first fight Maidana landed 221/858 @ 26%

Canelo landed 117/526 @ 22%
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-18-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Canelo sometimes

Comment

Working...
                X