Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson prefers JOHN SCULLY OVER MANNY STEWARD...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen_Leia
    Scully is a loser..this is the guy that trains loser like Matt Godawful and Mike Mike...

I cant think of one successful boxer that the Icy Man has right now...Chad is just cashing in...i have no interest in this fight.
    I know Scully, cut it out.

Comment

Doesn't that guy post here? Or it just a poster with his name as his display name?

Anyways, I thought Steward was all wrong for Dawson and that was gonna play into B-Hops hands. If he's with his old trainer, the fight just got a little bit more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
        I know Scully, cut it out.
        I don't care, it's my opinion (based on actual facts) and I'm entitled to it. The man is NOT a good trainer and I cant think of ONE boxers he has right now thats winning.

Chad choose that loser because he's being lazy and doesn't want to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
          I don't care, it's my opinion (based on actual facts) and I'm entitled to it. The man is NOT a good trainer and I cant think of ONE boxers he has right now thats winning.

Chad choose that loser because he's being lazy and doesn't want to travel.
          No trainer is a miracle worker, remember what happened to Taylor when he was with Steward? Steward certainly couldn't help Kermit Cintron's chin. Roy Jones Jr. trainer isn't widely known was he? There is a lot of good boxers that have unknown trainers.

The FACT is Scully helped make Dawson the boxer he is today, he trained Dawson since he was 12.
          Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-11-2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Good to hear that one of Boxingscene's own, Iceman John Scully is training one of boxing's elite fighters....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
              No trainer is a miracle worker, remember what happened to Taylor when he was with Steward? Steward certainly couldn't help Kermit Cintron's chin. Roy Jones Jr. trainer isn't widely known was he? There is a lot of good boxers that have unknown trainers.

The FACT is Scully helped make Dawson the boxer he is today, he trained Dawson since he was 12.
              That the past...who does Icy have now that is relevant on the boxing landscape. I've seen his body of work (Mike Mike and Matt Godawful)...he's trash as a trainer (i don't know him personally, he probably a good human being).

The only reason why Icy has the assignment is because Chad is too lazy to travel, it has nothing to do with Steward skill.

You cannot compare Icy to Emmanuel Steward....Icy will never be in the boxing HOF.

Comment

Makes sense he like to be close to home and people he knows prbly feels comfortable and decided to go back to him he's a person who needs home if not he's in bad shape I mean I wouldn't work with sterwart either he kinda seems like a Dick #justsaying

Comment

John Scully is an AWESOME trainer.

You say who has he trained???

A trainer only needs one fighter to make a name for himself. Just wait and see.

Give him a chance, you'll all be praising him soon enough....

Matt Godfrey is a joke. Scully left Godfrey as he didn't listen and thought he knew best all the time.

Comment

Oh and Chad didn't leave Steward because he's lazy. He left Steward for VERY specific reasons regarding his training methods and specifically wanted Scully instead. I was there in person to hear Chad's explanation MONTHS ago. I'm not going to say what exactly the reasons were as I wouldn't want to say anything that doesn't want to be said etc

You guys say how you wanted to Chad to revert to the old BAD Chad. Well no trainer knows Chad like Ice does. Ice trained Chad when he was just a kid.

So you know, John Scully is the MAN.

Just wait.

Comment

Imo, the most important part of a trainer/fighter combo is how well and comfortable they are with each other, comfortable to where you can talk freely and can voice concerns with a friend who knows you through and through and together they can work out a game plan. When two people know each other well great things can happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X