No announcement yet.

How good was Shane Mosely in 2000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good was Shane Mosely in 2000?

The title is self-explanatory, in the year 2000 how good was Shane Mosely?

He was very good and could hang with anyone in history.. Not the greatest ever, but a very good fighter, and if he was around today he would be a huge star and him vs Floyd would be the biggest fight to make..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      He was very good and could hang with anyone in history.. Not the greatest ever, but a very good fighter, and if he was around today he would be a huge star and him vs Floyd would be the biggest fight to make..
      What weight class was he in 2000? Welter? Junior Welter?

Comment

As good as his steroids

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          As good as his steroids

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          So top 5? Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post

What weight class was he in 2000? Welter? Junior Welter?
            Shane moved up from lightweight to welter in 99.. He totally skipped 140.. He had a few fights at welter and established himself as a contender for a welter title, fought oscar in the summer of 00 and won a great fight over oscar.. He was seen as the first guy to clearly beat oscar... At that point he was considered top 5 p4p with many people having him top 3 or 1..

His lightweight reign was dominant but never fought another high caliber fighter at the weight..
            His welter reign didn't have much success, 2 or 3 lackluster defenses and then a big fight with Forrest in which mosely was dropped and thourghly beaten by Forrest.. Shane performed better in rematch but still lost a wide decision

Comment

mosley in 2000 i believe was what, welter? i forget what year he moved up to fight DLH. he was a lightweight champ for a year or two then moved all the way up to 147 to fight oscar. shane will always be a really good HOF, not an ATG.

mosley is my 2nd all time favorite behind of course the pacman

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Shane moved up from lightweight to welter in 99.. He totally skipped 140.. He had a few fights at welter and established himself as a contender for a welter title, fought oscar in the summer of 00 and won a great fight over oscar.. He was seen as the first guy to clearly beat oscar... At that point he was considered top 5 p4p with many people having him top 3 or 1..

His lightweight reign was dominant but never fought another high caliber fighter at the weight..
                His welter reign didn't have much success, 2 or 3 lackluster defenses and then a big fight with Forrest in which mosely was dropped and thourghly beaten by Forrest.. Shane performed better in rematch but still lost a wide decision
                good stuff SAA.. i allways was under the impression shane shouldve went to 140 after beating oscar the 1st time, i dont think any world beater was at 140. he couldve been champ at 140 easily and would be a feather in his cap to be a 4 division champ

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  good stuff SAA.. i allways was under the impression shane shouldve went to 140 after beating oscar the 1st time, i dont think any world beater was at 140. he couldve been champ at 140 easily and would be a feather in his cap to be a 4 division champ
                  Prime Kosta tszyu was at 140 and so was prime Judah,,,
                  I don't think mosely could make 140 after going to 147.. Without really draining himself.. Shane was a bulky guy

Comment

Thanks for the information fellas.

Comment

Working...
                    X