Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "brawl" with Cotto, Mosley and Ortiz because his Legs are getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Floyd "brawl" with Cotto, Mosley and Ortiz because his Legs are getting older?

Floyd seems to stand in the pocket more than before and it started with the Mosley fight, went on through to the Cotto fight. He still uses footwork better than any average fighter but I'm wondering if his legs are getting older so he doesn't use it as much. I think Floyd claimed he fought that way to make the fights more entertaining, but is the real reason just that his legs aren't what they used to be?

Against Marquez it looked like Floyd had some great footwork, but I think it's misleading because Marquez didn't make the weight very well for that fight, he wasn't in the same sort of condition as the third Pacquiao fight so it could have made Floyd's footwork seem more impressive. Since that fight, Floyd's looked like he's lost a step, but is it for entertainment or are his legs starting to go?
    Floyds legs ARE getting older so his footwork and movement is slowing down
    61.54%
    Floyds still got ALL his footwork and movement, he hasn't slowed down
    20.00%
    I dont know for sure, its a tough one to call..
    18.46%

Look at his fights against Chavez, Augustus, Corley, Judah. He fought all of those guys the same exact way he fought Mosley and Cotto. I thought he actually boxed Ortiz, I don't know what fight you saw. He just had one moment where he threw a long combination toe to toe and that's it.

Otherwise, he boxed Corrales, Gatti, Marquez, Castillo, etc. It depends who the fighter is. No, his legs are not "gone". If they were actually gone, he wouldn't have moved and boxed so good in round 12 of the Cotto fight at this age.

Comment

U call that brawling?

Comment

He didnt brawl at all.

Comment

.....Brawl?

Comment

This is how great floyd is. People get surprised when he gets hit. Start saying his legs are gone. Thing is he still gets hit less than most even at this age.

Comment

He stood in front of them because he was willing to die in the ring. He didn't cared about his health at all. Now when it comes to Pacquiao it's a different story....health would come first.

Comment

It started with the Marquez fight. When he was soundly out boxing Cotto in some rounds, he looked as solid as he did in the Marquez fight. Against Mosley and Ortiz, he walked them down the majority of the time. Against Cotto, he either moved a bit here and there, like the Marquez fight, and out boxed him. Or he out fought him off the ropes, because Cotto cut the ring well and forced him to the ropes.

His legs aren't what they were in his early prime (01-04) or his late prime (05-07), but they're still good enough to box in the middle of the ring and get out of dodge most of the time.

Comment

I became a Floyd fan when he fought Hatton he stood his ground and won the fight by KO. Retired came back and fought Marquez and stopped all the running around stuff and became more of an exciting fighter. Has won every fight since that. So I like the stay in the pocket Floyd not running around the ring. He's that gifted he doesn't have to use his legs because he defense is so good.

Comment

this is what happens when you buy bs....don't buy the bs ppl be trying to sale, you gotta know the prices...don't get over charged for something so cheap....dudes bought that cheap ass myth about Floyd being a coward....NOW they have to find reasons for why he stood in the pocket against some dangerous hitters

Comment

Working...
                    X