No announcement yet.

Professional Boxers tweets on the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    And... if Joe Cortez had pointed to a neutral corner and said lets go, what would he have meant?

Joe Cortez motioned the fighters together and said lets go, then looked off to the time keeper. He didn't say fight, he didn't say "lets fight" he didn't say "time in", he said "Lets go"

Thats a fairly vague instruction, and seems to me like an prompt to pay attention and follow his instructions, rather than an order to commence fighting, especially when both fighters responded to it by walking to the center of the ring with their hands down.
    you sir win the internet. great point.

Comment

I guess it's "unsportsmanlike" to punch an opponent after the ref says "Let's Go!"? And don't sit there like a dumb f u c k and act like you don't know what the ref meant by "Let's Go!". F*g ass haters gonna keep hatin til Floyd is in the grave, and even then, y'all STILL won't appreciate him....fake ass boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
        I hope we never see any of these fighters tap gloves, or hug again.

The moment they do,

their point is invalid.
        says the ******* stop crying b1tch

tell duckqiao to take the test ..usada good no bad he very very bad congressman ahahahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          And... if Joe Cortez had pointed to a neutral corner and said lets go, what would he have meant?

Joe Cortez motioned the fighters together and said lets go, then looked off to the time keeper. He didn't say fight, he didn't say "lets fight" he didn't say "time in", he said "Lets go"

Thats a fairly vague instruction, and seems to me like an prompt to pay attention and follow his instructions, rather than an order to commence fighting, especially when both fighters responded to it by walking to the center of the ring with their hands down.

Please. Go watch the video, he says 'let's go' and signals time in. It's cool if you don't think what Floyd did was sporting, but cut the ****, bro, it's tiring. It meant one thing and one thing only, you know that and so does everybody else.

Comment

Jim Lampley said it was legal & unsportmanlike BUT YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Paulie Malignaggi
              Quote:
              Ortiz was KO'd bcuz HE made huge mistake that @FloydMayweather capitalized on. #EndOfStory #DoneTalking

Lennox Lewis
              Quote:
              When the ref says fight. It doesn't matter if he looks away. The fighters were instructed to fight not hug.

Andre Dirrel
              Quote:
              Anthonydirrell it's not ok for a champion to do something like that if @FloydMayweather would have did That it would have been all bad but since Vic did

Antonio Tarver
              Quote:
              Protect yourself at all times, it's the first rule of boxing.

AndreBerto
              Quote:
              2 B honest the butt was wrong and the last right hand punch that Floyd threw was alittle much... But u have to protect yourself at all times

Nonito Donaire
              Quote:
              It can be classless, it can be unsportmanike, even opportunistic, but unforunately, its still legal. Would I pull a mayweather? No. But would I pull an Ortiz and be THAT close to a fighter even IF he was saying sorry? No. Id keep arms length away.

OmarHenry
              Quote:
              By the way the ending wasnt dirty protect yourself at all times Victor was looking for an excuse out and he found it. STOP HATING!

Audley Harrison
              Quote:
              That was warming into a great fight. Shame, but Victor was naive to drop his hands like that, protect yourself at all times is the rules.

Anthonydirrell
              Quote:
              Did what he had to do it protect yourself at all time

BrianViloria
              Quote:
              Once the referee says fight...put yo damn guard up!

Rashad Holloway
              Quote:
              Protect yourself at all times. But damn, is there any class in boxing anymore?

Peter Quillin
              Quote:
              Protect urself at all times 2nd rule in boxing. 1st rule is. Keep ur hands up!

Ishe Smith
              Quote:
              Protect urself at all times, why are u going to hug the guy, this is the fight business

Pawel Wolak
              Quote:
              I probably would have hit with the left hook but not with the follow right. Got 2 keep protected at all times but try 2 keep sportsmanship.

Eddie Chambers
              Quote:
              Victor Ortiz should of never dropped his guard... & always know u are never friend while u in that ring!!

Steve Cunningham
              Quote:
              y'all call us warriors gladiators right, I agree with wut Floyd did its fight time not time to hug kiss and apologize
              I guess the pudgy midgets sitting in internet cafes know better than these pro boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Vern View Post

Please. Go watch the video, he says 'let's go' and signals time in. It's cool if you don't think what Floyd did was sporting, but cut the ****, bro, it's tiring. It meant one thing and one thing only, you know that and so does everybody else.
                "Let's go" combined with the motion of waving the fighters together? That is why the fighters approached each other. They understood the instruction.

Keith Kizer was sitting ringside and observed EVERYTHING.

Cortez' mistake was in taking his eyes off the fighters, but that doesn't make a material difference in the fighters' actions. it merely made Cortez seem like he didn't have control.

Comment

*****s need to accept that Fraud "Feather-fisted Sucker Puncher" Gayweather is nothing but a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    I guess the pudgy midgets sitting in internet cafes know better than these pro boxers.
                    To be fair, most of those opinions are from American boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      "Let's go" combined with the motion of waving the fighters together? That is why the fighters approached each other. They understood the instruction.

Keith Kizer was sitting ringside and observed EVERYTHING.

Cortez' mistake was in taking his eyes off the fighters, but that doesn't make a material difference in the fighters' actions. it merely made Cortez seem like he didn't have control.
                      It was a classless cheap shop G and you know it
                      but it was however legal

Gino tell me one thing
                      how would Floyd react if he would have gotten knocked out in the same fashion
                      and dont bring up shi t like he is too smart and blah blah blah
                      lets say he slipped up and got caught with two legal sucka punches by ortiz and got KTFO
                      what would his reaction be?
                      he would talking so much ish and complaing about the whole thing and you fooken know it but since it didnt happen to him he is all good with it

Comment

Working...
                      X