Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Tony Tubbs Robbed Against Riddick Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Tony Tubbs Robbed Against Riddick Bowe?

From reports from that time.

Controversial Decision. Riddick Bowe had alot of difficulty landing any punches in this fight while Tubbs outboxed him for most of the fight. The commentators lambasted the decision and the crowd booed when the scorecards were annnounced.

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
    From reports from that time.

Tubbs, like a lot of the underachieving heavyweights of the 80's, was pretty talented when focused and had the advantages of having world class experience and previous sparring sessions with the young Bowe. Riddick didn't live up to expectations in this fight after almost having Tubbs out in the first round and letting him back in the fight. But at the end of 8 the commentators said Bowe was well ahead with only two rounds remaining. I don't think the fight was a robbery, but Tubbs kept it close against a young guy that was expected to blow him out.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Tubbs, like a lot of the underachieving heavyweights of the 80's, was pretty talented when focused and had the advantages of having world class experience and previous sparring sessions with the young Bowe. Riddick didn't live up to expectations in this fight after almost having Tubbs out in the first round and letting him back in the fight. But at the end of 8 the commentators said Bowe was well ahead with only two rounds remaining. I don't think the fight was a robbery, but Tubbs kept it close against a young guy that was expected to blow him out.
      This is my opinion too.

Comment

I scored it 96-95 for Bowe, but it mightve been a draw too. Anyway, not a robbery for sure. Tubbs was just the first to really make Bowe work.

Comment

Working...
        X