Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zavec-Delgado is a tuneup for Randall Bailey bout this summer. Bailey fights same day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zavec-Delgado is a tuneup for Randall Bailey bout this summer. Bailey fights same day

Originally posted by The Examiner
    Now back in his South Florida bases, Bailey mentioned that he is set to fight in another eliminator on February 18th but that the IBF will now have to find another willing combatant as Ouali turned down a rematch offer. Life moves on for Bailey, who is hoping a tune-up victory can lead to a shot at champion Jan Zaveck sometime this summer.
    A fearsome puncher throughout his duration at 140 pounds, Bailey has seemed to carry his power up well to the welterweight division, most recently evidenced by his savage first-round battering of Belgium’s Jackson Bonsu last March. A fight with Zaveck would present him with the opportunity to claim a title in a second division and there most recently have been whispers of a possible Andre Berto collision sometime down the road.

Las Vegas boxing | Examiner.com
    http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-la...-berto-s-beard

You guys can get off Zavec's nuts now. He made his fight the exact same day as the IBF eliminator for a reason. He's just fighting a tuneup so he won't have been inactive when he faces Randall Bailey in May or June. Zavec's last fight was in September.

they dont understand the business over there.

The promoters use the fighters regular champion status to do as many events with em as possible.

if you hold a belt, you can sell more.

they also want to make their fighter look great against mediocre opponents and do as much money ass possible.

Comment

this delgado guy lost to salita!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        Why do you never bitch about Salita like you do about the other boxers from Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          It would have been bad enough if he just faced Salita... Nevermind a guy who lost to Salita.

Bailey would knock this overrated euro the **** out if they ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamerican View Post
            It would have been bad enough if he just faced Salita... Nevermind a guy who lost to Salita.

Bailey would knock this overrated euro the **** out if they ever fought.
            Hit me up when the fights made and lets get some points on the line. Zavec has a solid chin.

Comment

I know its just a stay busy fight until his mandatory is available, Zaveck has put in some good work, its not his fault the eliminator for the #1 IBF spot ended in a NC, and the Bailey fight should be interesting when it happens.

Comment

Looks like America will add another champion.

Comment

meh, Bailey isnt the best guy either, but I guess if hes a mandatory theres no skipping over.

I get that its simply a stay busy tuneup fight, but why must it always be a title defense? what happened to the idea that unworthy challengers/tuneups were simply nontitle fights?

Comment

I think bailey has a good chance to beat zavek.Imo zaveks power wont
                    do nothing to bailey.

Comment

Working...
                    X