Official Height Discrepancies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
    And this whole board is reeking now thanks to you

seriously lets all put this clown on ignore and just block him out of discussions. If all section regulars do it we can freeze the idiot out with ease.
    except you aren't hanging out with me,actually you stink up my threads however at least Scott/Joseph the other imbecile I busted on answering the other account is smart enough not to go near my posts for further punishment and exposure ,unlike you....interestingly enough when I busted him the thread was closed but probabl;y when imbecile number 2 posted some dumb B.s as usauly non boxing related your other slow buddy Billeu...
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-01-2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
      well i don't really know that now do i

:wt:
      Actually you do because when you accused Elroy of being me he told you I was in the states.Yea real tough talk knowing that,as stated you look like a clown anyway and obviously act like one.actually I wioould say borderline high school girl with your whining and crying yet you CONTINUE to post on my threads outside this one..

Comment

.............try to stay on topic, if you need to get personal theres PM messages at our disposal. Try to remember this is a boxing forum not a girls yaking board!!! How many posts do you need to say what you want to?

You would think a thread about HEIGHT would keep you happy for a week.
        It's the only think you know!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
          WHAT! No no no no no!

Muhammed Ali was 6ft 2.5 (189).
          Foreman was 6ft 3 (191).

The human loses half an inch within the first 3/4 hours of being standing. Gravity compresses our spine. Ali would of been 6ft 3 first thing in the morning but shorter by fight time. Same for foreman and any boxer!

Joe Louis was 6ft 1.5 (187).
          I'm a bit of a vital statistics nerd.
          You might be on to something, lad. Just how do you collect your vital statistics?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            You might be on to something, lad. Just how do you collect your vital statistics?
            Well, Ali for one his passport is widely available online, with stamps from Zaire and Manila and he is listed as 6ft2 2/1. That would of been measured without shoes, probably not first thing in the morning. He was also 6ft 1.5 (187cm) officially at the 1960 Olympics aged 18.

You may say, well he was in his 30s in the mid 70s and may of lost an inch but it's in this time his height was often listed at 6ft 4 lol.

It's a very calculated guess that Ali was only ever 6ft 3 (191) first thing in the morning OR of course in shoes! By fight time, he most certainly was at most 6ft 2.5 (189).

Kenny Nortan was a shade taller than Ali and was very honest about his height listing being too high at 6ft 3!

I claim 6ft 2 (188) but by the time the evening comes I have always lost 1 or 2 cm. Exaclty like Joe Louis did, my favourite fighter ever.
            Last edited by RED REP; 06-01-2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              except you aren't hanging out with me,actually you stink up my threads however at least Scott/Joseph the other imbecile I busted on answering the other account is smart enough not to go near my posts for further punishment and exposure ,unlike you....interestingly enough when I busted him the thread was closed but probabl;y when imbecile number 2 posted some dumb B.s as usauly non boxing related your other slow buddy Billeu...
              I avoid your posts because they suck. Joseph can speak for himself. You thinking that I fear you in anyway is absurd. But it serves no purpose for me to argue with irrational people like yourself with your childish and repetitive replies.

Sorry you can't get in touch with what a misfit loser you are on a boxing forum with intelligent and experienced members, not some obnoxious moron like yourself who has seen nothing and would be helpless without Boxrec.

To put it on your level...

Comment

Despite schools of churls importunately trolling the discussion, we seem to be getting somewhere.

We have it on quite good faith from maester Ray that inflation by an inch has been a standard industry practice.

We have it from Timeless with good physics that normally height varies by about 1/2 inch from morning to evening.

Putting them together, it would seem the rule rather than the exception that a fighter's listed height will be at least 1 inch or possibly 1 1/2 inches greater than his fighting time height.

Conclusion: Practically every fighter out there is shorter than we think.

It leads to an interesting question which I think none of us can answer with certainty. Is there a formula involving more parameters than just weight which would classify men into divisions more competitively and justly?

The simplest case would be a two parameter system involving weight and height. The next case might involve weight, height and weight loss limits between fights.

I am not saying sheer weight, as we have it is not the best system--it probably is--because I suppose whatever advantage one has in height is compensated for by less muscle mass, among all but heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  Despite schools of churls importunately trolling the discussion, we seem to be getting somewhere.

We have it on quite good faith from maester Ray that inflation by an inch has been a standard industry practice.

We have it from Timeless with good physics that normally height varies by about 1/2 inch from morning to evening.

Putting them together, it would seem the rule rather than the exception that a fighter's listed height will be at least 1 inch or possibly 1 1/2 inches greater than his fighting time height.

Conclusion: Practically every fighter out there is shorter than we think.

It leads to an interesting question which I think none of us can answer with certainty. Is there a formula involving more parameters than just weight which would classify men into divisions more competitively and justly?

The simplest case would be a two parameter system involving weight and height. The next case might involve weight, height and weight loss limits between fights.

I am not saying sheer weight, as we have it is not the best system--it probably is--because I suppose whatever advantage one has in height is compensated for by less muscle mass, among all but heavyweights.
                  Thats in basically every sport ,my friend tried out for the jets in training camp and has stated everyone adds an inch to their height to be more marketable as teams look at size its always a factor ,it also looks better on the resume as to you want to be labled as big as you can for an opponent as subconsciously the bigger you are the more of a threat your opponent will think you arr case in point Tyson from 5'9 /5'10 to 5'11 which brings him closer to 6'0...weight advantage over height has been shown to be more important thats why there are no height classes.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-02-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

In boxing they never measured the players height unlike in the NBA, NFL and mlb.

Comment

Robinson 5'11" told to me by Pep.
                      Louis, easily 6'2" stood next to him.
                      Tyson 5'9" during J.O boxing (10 to 16 yrs) last time I saw him at 20 years old he looked to be 5'10" in boxing boots.
                      (Atlantic City pro show)

Ali was 6'3" he always wore Everlast flat leather bottom boots. No build up on the bottoms at all. Other boots elevated others height as much as 3/4 of an inch.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X