Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think if they fought now Thurman would take floyds 0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again. He seems a solid fighter, but not sure why he became the chosen one for everyones hopes and dreams all of the sudden.

Lets see who he fights next and how he does with increased competition.

Comment

I'd like to see this fight as well tbh..It's a solid fight,that could really turn out to be fun..I'd still favor Mayweather,but Thurman is no pushover,and I personally think he's better then Maidana..

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        thurman has been either dropped or stunned in almost all of his fights lol.. just a matter of time before someone puts him out for good

he starts real slow and gets knocked around
        Can you give me an example of when he's been stunned other than the Karass fight?

There's no footage of his Robertson KD, apparently it was a flash KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
          Here we go again. He seems a solid fighter, but not sure why he became the chosen one for everyones hopes and dreams all of the sudden.

Lets see who he fights next and how he does with increased competition.
          Because he has power and some skills..I agree that Thurman needs to step it up,but at the same time..There is not a line of opponents ready to get in the ring with him either..

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
            Can you give me an example of when he's been stunned other than the Karass fight?

There's no footage of his Robertson KD, apparently it was a flash KD.
            He was rocked against Chaves as well..Thurman's been rocked a few times,it means nothing tho..He has good recovery and he has skills and power..He will not be easy for anyone..IMO Floyd included..

Comment

I don't think Thurman is the most stylistically suited to beating Floyd, but he could definitely give him big problems, especially this version of Floyd. He's got speed, power, boxing ability and doesn't have stamina problems like a lot of Floyd's opponents. He would have to be more aggressive than usual and not fight at a moderate pace though, he would have to keep the pressure on Floyd and not let him fight at his own pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                He was rocked against Chaves as well..Thurman's been rocked a few times,it means nothing tho..He has good recovery and he has skills and power..He will not be easy for anyone..IMO Floyd included..
                He wasn't rocked by Chaves.

There's the full fight and a highlights video. Please feel free to point out when he was rocked, it's a complete myth. He wasn't visibly hurt at any stage in the fight.

I agree though, it doesn't mean anything as he recovered well against Karass, in like 2-3 seconds. It was a flush punch right on the chin and the first punch landed in the fight, so probably caught him cold.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  Thurman would beat Maidana though. Maidana ducked him twice. He chose to fight Soto-Karrass and Josesito Lopez instead of Thurman.

Survives Diego Chaves = Becomes legend.
                  Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
                    Survives Diego Chaves = Becomes legend.
                    Ok.
                    'Survive'? It was competitive for the first few rounds, then Thurman took over when he started boxing. I posted the fight above, watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                      'Survive'? It was competitive for the first few rounds, then Thurman took over when he started boxing. I posted the fight above, watch it.
                      I've seen it before and was watching it. Yes, it was a good fight and Thurman won. He lost the first rounds, he ended up with a broken nose, he came close to losing the fight in the begining but endured and won. I'm not saying that didnt happen. What I'm saying is:
                      Beat Chaves (respectable skills & tough)= OK, I'm interested.
                      I'll keep watching the guy. Chaves aint no bum so if you beat him you earned it.

That's different from
                      Beating Chaves= OMG ! He's the best boxer in the galaxy! OMG! OMG!

If he had demolished Chaves in the first couple rounds I would have understood the hype. I would have though it could have been a one time fluke, but I would have understood the hype.

As things are, sorry, but Thurman hasnt really beaten good enough guys so as to believe he's some future ATG.

Hell, when Maidana suppodely "ducked" him, Thurman was a full blown nobody. Nada. Zip. Zero. Its like me saying Thurman is ducking me, here, sitting in front of my monitor, becuase he refuses to fight me. He's not ducking me, I just make no financial sense at all. There's literally thousands of undefeated boxers out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X