Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current boxer could beat Floyd in your opinion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kdd View Post
    It's amazing how lil ppl know about boxing. Spence would be a tough challenge but he would be outboxed by Floyd same with Thurman . And vice versa with Shawn porter , he would lose against boxer with power to stun him but would maul and beat a fighter like Floyd
    Floyd would outbox Porter. He has a longer reach, is taller, and would be too smart for him. He'd keep Porter on the outside all night.

You're forgetting that Floyd also has a good inside game. He wouldn't just let Porter maul him.

Floyd isn't a big puncher, but he hits hard enough to keep his opponents from charging at him. Porter isn't gonna walk him down like he did against Malignaggi.
    Last edited by VG_Addict; 07-19-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

i'd need to see what he looks like before i pick him over anybody at 154, but i don't need to do that for 147. he still beats those guys.

maybe big charlo's size gives himi trouble, or andrades, but i seriously doubt it. those guys really aren't that good.

lara's a wildcard, but lara's also going to be hard pressed to win a decision against a morre popular, and often more eye catching counterpuncher. lara's style makes it look like he's just trying to get out of the way sometimes. floyd makes you miss and makes you pay.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
        Time beats everyone
        Basically. He's at that age. He really shouldn't be entertaining any thoughts of a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
          noone around welterweight unless hes slowed down a hell of a lot
          That's unknown due to the fact that them steroids give him the extra power and stamina he needs to win. Take those away and I'm sure you will see a flat fighter as Mosley was when he didn't use steroids when he fought Mayweather do you recall he was gassed out after 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
            It would definitely take another boring boxer like lara. Froid has not fought a full fledged boxer pretty much his whole career and never really had to think in the ring
            You don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Brook would need to fight at a higher pace than usual and throw more punches, it's a bad fight for him stylistically because he would have to adjust his style, he can't box with Floyd and try to counter him like Canelo, he would get his head boxed off. He would have to try and apply some kind of pressure.
              There's no way Brook could outbox Floyd.

Floyd would beat him to the punch all night with his longer reach.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Great accurate post, I totally agree with most of your points.

At 147, Brook would have been the bigger threat IMO, I always thought based on his jab and size he woud be the one to worry Floyd.

Based on style, maybe Kahn would have a shot, I can see him outpointing Floyd, but Floyd can punch and would find a way to stop him, but maybe being behind on the scorecards.
                I never understood this view... based on style you think Khan would cause a boxer of Floyd's calibre, trouble? To the point you could see him outpointing Floyd? Are you serious? Have you watched either of their careers?
                Khan doesn't have a style... he is very amateurish and throws punches for the sake of throwing punches, he is defensively weak and has had one of the luckiest careers in the modern era for someone so poor. He built a career on facing guys who either couldn't punch, were smaller than him or were over the hill... and every time he has faced someone who wasn't one of these things... he lost or looked like crap.
                Floyd is a certified ATG who in his prime (which is admittedly hard to pin down as he had great performances throughout his career), looked as hard to beat as any boxer ever has. In his entire career, he was never out-boxed and only had 2 or 3 close fights. He is legitimately one of the greatest pure boxers who ever lived... and you think someone as dog**** awful as Khan could out-point him? That is just mad.
                Last edited by craigus1990; 07-19-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                  I never understood this view... based on style you think Khan would cause a boxer of Floyd's calibre, trouble? To the point you could see him outpointing Floyd? Are you serious? Have you watched either of their careers?
                  Khan doesn't have a style... he is very amateurish and throws punches for the sake of throwing punches, he is defensively weak and has had one of the luckiest careers in the modern era for someone so poor. He built a career on facing guys who either couldn't punch, were smaller than him or were over the hill... and every time he has faced someone who wasn't one of these things... he lost or looked like crap.
                  Floyd is a certified ATG who in his prime (which is admittedly hard to pin down as he had great performances throughout his career), looked as hard to beat as any boxer ever has. In his entire career, he was never out-boxed and only had 2 or 3 close fights. He is legitimately one of the greatest pure boxers who ever lived... and you think someone as dog**** awful as Khan could out-point him? That is just mad.
                  I never understood it either. Khan isn't on Floyd's level.

Comment

NONE! The ones who probably could give him even a Challenge are not anywhere close to his Division so NONE! Sorry I now for some their single dream in live is to see Mayweather lose (yeah I know it is pretty pathetic for that to be dream for some lol) but I don't see it happening even if he comes back at 40+ years old

Comment

Between 126 and 154?

I'll give Lomachenko, Corrales, Lara and Linares a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X