Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Pirog destroyed Jacobs, GGG signed to fight Pirog. How wasn't that a risk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man all this spin is amazing. I find it.........ironic if this were say........Floyd Mayweather you wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Well obviously GGG will fight good fighters. The Canelo fight would be happening in September if Canelo wasn't a ducker.

It still doesn't change the fact GGG is fighting a Welterweight next though.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Man all this spin is amazing. I find it.........ironic if this were say........Floyd Mayweather you wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.
        It's a **** fight but when is Floyd ever down to his 5th choice of opponent?

Comment

I mean wouldn't it be easier to just say "Because I'm A GGG Fan I Am Spinning This GGG vs Brook Fight To Make My Fighter Look As Good As Possible" instead of trying to convince others that this is not what it really is. A Fight put together for MONEY ONLY! If the best offer he had available was vs a Welterweight nobody is made at GGG for that but GGG fans please SHUT THE FUK UP trying to criticize everybody else. It would take less in a Minute or less to do a search of your Post on this Forum and expose your double standard but I don't time to do it and you're just not that important.

Bottom Line, be Consistent, if you based Mayweather and Canelo for their moves in the pass, don't try to make exceptions for GGG, it makes you SO WEAK! Be Consistent! Not calling out a your favorite fighter when he wrong don't make you any more of a fan. Instead it means that you're more than a fan, you're a GROUPIE! You're like the screaming girls at a Justin Bieber or One Direction Concert

Comment

Another fight that didn't happen~

Comment

I'll never knock a fighter for signing up for a good fight. That was a risky fight at the time against Pirog, that unfortunately that fell through.
              Same with Wilder and his risky fight with Povetkin. I've criticized Wilder in the past, but certainly not in that instance.

Comment

Because gg knew that he had a bad back

Comment

It wasn't right after Pirog beat Jacobs. It was some time after and Pirog have been out for a while with his injuries.

Comment

How did I miss this gem?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Four/five years ago with Martinez declining the most feared man at MW was Dimitry Pirog. A big MW who had just destroyed Jacobs.

GGG had no problem to fight Pirog. They signed the fight.

During training, Pirog injured his back and pullet out of the fight. He never came back.

Now the anti-GGG brigade can't tell me that GGG never took any risk. He was always willing to face the best MW's.
                      Of course GGG was willing to take the Pirog fight. At that time, GGG was a nobody who couldn't draw flies to his fights and he was trying to build a fan base and a reputation. He was willing to fight the best, just like all fighters were at a time before PBC and Top Rank In-House fights became the norm.

Comment

Working...
                      X