Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we hear more about Ricardo Finito López? 52-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when you don't fight anyone of note.

You can start hyping him up if you like, start by mentioning his top 10 wins. I mean a guy with 52 fights and zero defeats who has saying fans he warrants praise, he should have at least 10 notable names with that many fights, right? So start naming them, and what did those names do? This should be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      you asked a question and i gave the answer.

if you don't like the answer, that's too bad.

he didn't retire with a perfect record, so he's not going to be brought up when marciano and mayweather are brought up. they won all of their fights. lopez did not.
      ahhhh, you are a f l o m o

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        it is still 51-0

and who says a draw taints such a record?
        ahhhh, you are a f l o m o
        no, i'm a business man. a fighter with a perfect record is more marketable and lucrative than a fighter with a draw. common sense. did you start following boxing yesterday or something? you've never noticed the sport's obsession with perfect records before?

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
          he only made it to 47-0 before the draw ruined his perfect record. had he retired 52-0 instead of 51-0-1, it would have been a much bigger deal.
          He still got his '0' lol

Comment

He was great!

Why don't we see people talking about him?
            Biggest factor is more than likely age. I'm 30; and I don't know much about him except the obvious things.

I would bet most people are in the same boat, unless these young bucks are doing their research.

This is really the best answer you're going to get.

Comment

I remember him. Not too much talent in the 105lb range and I dont remember a single guy he fought. It was like a 105 right? Minimum weight or whatever.

Comment

Because most people don't know **** about boxing, going 23-0-1 in championship fights at any weight class and being the most significant minimum weight fighter in history are tremendous accomplishments, in my very humble opinion and you can take it for what it's worth, Finito Lopez was one of the best fundamentally complete fighters that I've ever seen in a boxing ring, I tell anyone who's trying to learn how to box to go watch Ricardo Lopez, he had the same trainer as JMM and u could see a lot of similarities between the 2 like the stance and the left uppercut, beautiful fighter to watch that didn't get the attention that he deserved.

Another fighter that clearly followed in the footsteps of Ricardo Lopez as far as sticking to being an absolute master of the basics without any unnecessary flashy stuff is Mikey Garcia, I'm almost sure that Mikey has watched a lot of tape on el Finito!

A draw is not a loss, so when you say "undefeated" record, Lopez IS undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  Biggest factor is more than likely age. I'm 30; and I don't know much about him except the obvious things.

I would bet most people are in the same boat, unless these young bucks are doing their research.

This is really the best answer you're going to get.
                  True on the age thing. I am way older and I can' t really say many of my generation have kept up with the internet. That could be said for many other fighters even with loses on their record. All things been equal, there are many old school fighters that would've beat the new generation of fighters. It is sad to see how fighters are hyped nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    who said he wasn't undefeated?

what was said was that he didn't have a PERFECT record like marciano and mayweather. had he retired 52-0 instead of 51-0-1, he would have been mentioned more during mayweather's chase of marciano's record (and it would have been pointed out that mayweather needed to get to 52-0 to tie the real record).

but lopez got a draw before reaching 49-0 and it took him out of those types of discussions.

the original poster wanted to know why lopez isn't discussed more and the answer was given. he just didn't like the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      Because most people don't know **** about boxing, going 23-0-1 in championship fights at any weight class and being the most significant minimum weight fighter in history are tremendous accomplishments, in my very humble opinion and you can take it for what it's worth, Finito Lopez was one of the best fundamentally complete fighters that I've ever seen in a boxing ring, I tell anyone who's trying to learn how to box to go watch Ricardo Lopez, he had the same trainer as JMM and u could see a lot of similarities between the 2 like the stance and the left uppercut, beautiful fighter to watch that didn't get the attention that he deserved.

Another fighter that clearly followed in the footsteps of Ricardo Lopez as far as sticking to being an absolute master of the basics without any unnecessary flashy stuff is Mikey Garcia, I'm almost sure that Mikey has watched a lot of tape on el Finito!

Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X