Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better defense? Marcos Maidana or Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The machine

Comment

This is like who punches harder algieri or paulie

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        This is like who punches harder algieri or paulie
        My money's on Algieri, he has that one more knockout and now he's out of the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          Mosley: His defence is good, its unexpected. Guys think they can punh with him but he's moves in and out. He can slip, duck and get into positions to time you. http://youtu.be/RWOOLoDhlOY One of many opponents talking about his underrated boxing skills. Check out what Bradley, Judah, Alexander and Corley had to say.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWOOLoDhlOY

Good post but are you ignoring my previous posts? I mean, how do you explain Matthysse getting hit with bungalows and Maidana not?

How do you explain Lucas having cuts, bruises, swollen eyes, busted lips after fights and Maidana coming out of fights unscathed?

The way you explain it is Maidana has a superior defense. Shane Mosley also said Matthysse can box but he doesn't like to; he wants to fight you.

Explain these previous posts.

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          Maidana doesn't get caught with big shots like Matthysse.
          Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
          He doesn't get drilled with big shots as much as Matthews does.
          Originally posted by punchr View Post
          In my opinion, Lucas Matthysse's gift is punching. He can box a little and set up his defense, but there are holes in his defense. Late in fights Matthysse gets caught by some of the heavy stuff thrown at him, i.e. his fights against Danny Garcia and Ruslan Provodnikov. Both Garcia and Ruslan landed bombs on Lucas late in their fights.

I mean, when's the last time you've seen Maidana get caught slipping like this?

Comment

Originally posted by stellar boxer View Post
            The machine
            Salim_Shady, are you really busting out your alts for this thread? LMAO Go ahead and vote Matthysse with your alt army. NSB knows the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              I'd say Matthysse.
              Why?

Comment

Better defense

Look everyone, lucas is a boxer-pucher & maidana is a face-first pressure fighter , among fighters in so. California who have sparred lucas they say matthyse is very elusive, wheras marcos defense is his offense however marcos is good defensively but lucas is a better boxer with better defense

Comment

Salim_Shady, are you really busting out your alts for this thread? LMAO Go ahead and vote Matthysse with your alt army. NSB knows the truth.
                  I'm not from weak ass england, b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMORENO View Post
                    Look everyone, lucas is a boxer-pucher & maidana is a face-first pressure fighter , among fighters in so. California who have sparred lucas they say matthyse is very elusive, wheras marcos defense is his offense however marcos is good defensively but lucas is a better boxer with better defense
                    Enjoy you ban, Salim_Shady

Comment

Why?
                      Maidana is hurt just about every fight. He has been down 5 times in his career. Matthysse has been down once and he wasn't exactly knocked on his back.

And note that Matthysse has faced the better opposition and the bigger punchers.

EDIT: outside of Mayweather.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-05-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X