No announcement yet.

Cottos Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottos Competition

Cotto has fought some great competition!

Lovemore Ndou, Randall Bailey, Demarcus Corley, Ricardo Torres, Paulie Malignaggi, Carlos Quintana, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Alfonso Gomez, Joshua Clottey, Manny Pacquiao, Ricardo Mayorga, Antonio Margarito , Floyd Mayeather, Austin Trout

Undefeated: Paulie Malignaggi, Ricardo Torres, Carlos Quintana, Floyd Mayweather , Austin Trout, Yuri Foreman, Kelson Pinto, Carlos Maussa

4 loses and has got revenge for 1 loss

1st ballot Hall of Famer

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
      1st ballot Hall of Famer
      Yes ! Thank You!

I have to say I respect you as a poster. You manage to be a huge Floyd fan without being biased, Like you I am also a Floyd and Manny fan, But... neither of them ever drew me in the way Cotto did.

I truly believe that Cotto has the best style to the eyes ever. It's just a pure joy to watch Cotto.

Comment

No doubt Cotto took on alot of fighters,,,, may not have beaten them all but he fought a who's who of his generation

floyd
        manny
        margs
        shane
        zab
        mayorga
        clottey
        trout
        maussa
        chop chop
        pinto
        pauli
        torres
        gomez

and possibly serg and canelo in the future,,,

he has an oscar/evander type resume

Comment

The only man missing from his resume is Ricky Hatton and that is because Hatton people ducked Cotto. I remember Cotto saying he would travel to England to fight him but Hattons camp had other ideas.

If he fights Sergio, Canelo and Marquez his resume is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
            The only man missing from his resume is Ricky Hatton and that is because Hatton people ducked Cotto. I remember Cotto saying he would travel to England to fight him but Hattons camp had other ideas.

If he fights Sergio, Canelo and Marquez his resume is complete.
            Hatton vs Cotto would have been a mismatch! Cotto is faster, has a better Jab, Left hook, Chin, Combinations. People who say he would have beaten Cotto are delusional!

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
              Hatton vs Cotto would have been a mismatch! Cotto is faster, has a better Jab, Left hook, Chin, Combinations. People who say he would have beaten Cotto are delusional!
              Hatton would have been easy money for Cotto. Hatton is too ne dimensional and Cotto would have pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                No doubt Cotto took on alot of fighters,,,, may not have beaten them all but he fought a who's who of his generation

floyd
                manny
                margs
                shane
                zab
                mayorga
                clottey
                trout
                maussa
                chop chop
                pinto
                pauli
                torres
                gomez

and possibly serg and canelo in the future,,,

he has an oscar/evander type resume
                Funny you mention Oscar! That's the one fight Id love to see.

Left jab and left hook vs left jab and left hook. Cotto better defense and movement vs Oscars chin.

Comment

I think he can add wins over Martinez and Canelo to his resume. I truly believe he can. I think Cotto's biggest weakness has always been pressure and volume against him. I dont think Canelo or Martinez have the punch output or the style to Keep Cotto from coming forward.

Cotto coming forward= Problem

To me Cotto is not "back". To me he was always there. He just had to fight different against Mosley , Margarito and Pacquiao. I think he didnt have to "box" as much against Mosley , but I think it was an impressive win the way we saw Cotto doing something different for the first time in that fight.

Cotto is not "great" at anything in particular. But he is very good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                    Yes ! Thank You!

I have to say I respect you as a poster. You manage to be a huge Floyd fan without being biased, Like you I am also a Floyd and Manny fan, But... neither of them ever drew me in the way Cotto did.

I truly believe that Cotto has the best style to the eyes ever. It's just a pure joy to watch Cotto.
                    Throwback bring me the best type of fighter, no nonsense and just a total pro.
                    My favourite fighter since Tyson, he's all class.

Comment

Working...
                    X