Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley gives interview:Talks end of cold war fights, Cotto/Martinez and more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Doubt Cotto is going to be willing to drop from 160 all the way down to 147 he'd be daft to do that.
    I was thinking a fight between Cotto and Bradley at 154 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Doubt Cotto is going to be willing to drop from 160 all the way down to 147 he'd be daft to do that.
      I wouldn't be surprsied to see him go to 154

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        I was thinking a fight between Cotto and Bradley at 154 lbs.
        Yeah, win or lose - Cotto's going back down to 154

It'd be a great fight I think. At the moment I think it's 50/50 - if Cotto gets beat up bad, even in a winning performance, then I'd maybe favor Bradley. Because regardless - these two on Saturday are going to war

If Cotto were to win - I think the only thing that would keep him at 160 is the Rubio mandatory/soft touch to at least get one defense in - sort of as a thank you to the WBC. If the fight is competitive, giving Sergio a rematch or if HBO offers him a ******ed amount of money to get murdered by GGG

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Not a bad match-up. Hadn't thought of that one. I'd take Cotto over Bradley.
          but if it was to happen, at what weight?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            but if it was to happen, at what weight?
            It would be at 154 lbs, where Cotto prefers to be at. And Bradley has already gone on record saying that he can fight at 154 lbs no problem. And he used to fight at 154 in the amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              Yeah, win or lose - Cotto's going back down to 154

It'd be a great fight I think. At the moment I think it's 50/50 - if Cotto gets beat up bad, even in a winning performance, then I'd maybe favor Bradley. Because regardless - these two on Saturday are going to war

If Cotto were to win - I think the only thing that would keep him at 160 is the Rubio mandatory/soft touch to at least get one defense in - sort of as a thank you to the WBC. If the fight is competitive, giving Sergio a rematch or if HBO offers him a ******ed amount of money to get murdered by GGG
              Even if Cotto gets beat bad, I still don't see Bradley pulling it off. He's no Austin Trout, tall and with long reach and with bigger size. Nor is he a southpaw. Just doesn't have those kind of things going for him as an advantage.

If Cotto wins, he will have so many options (Martinez rematch, Pacquaio, Mayweather, Bradley, Canelo/Lara).

Comment

Working...
              X