Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be remembered as the greater fighter Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez

What do you guys think?
    Bernard Hopkins
    57.43%
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    42.57%

Depends who you ask, probably.

Comment

Great question and i really dont know, i say Marquez but....??????

Comment

I'm sure juanma could have defended the lightweight crown for a decade too lol

Comment

nobody gives a fuck about Bernard

Comment

I think Marquez will be remembered in a more favorable light than B-Hop, simply because of entertainment value. If B-Hop and Marquez had a fight on the same day and I could only watch one, I would always choose JMM.

Comment

Hopkins obviously. Marquez in 4 fights finally beat Pacquiao. After that his best win is who? Juan Diaz? No comparison. Marquez' legacy IS manny Pacquiao. Hopkins legacy isn't about one person, it's about his overall accomplishments.

Comment

B-Hop, 20 defenses in this day and age is nothing short of remarkable. And he was p4p best in the world at his peak, something Marquez never was. Gets the edge in longevity also, though Marquez has to be commended for that as well.
                Marquez made for better fights though, so history might be kind to him. On the winning end of two fights of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                  Hopkins obviously. Marquez in 4 fights finally beat Pacquiao. After that his best win is who? Juan Diaz? No comparison. Marquez' legacy IS manny Pacquiao. Hopkins legacy isn't about one person, it's about his overall accomplishments.
                  Thats ignoring that Marquez was shut out of the picture for a long time. He finally did get vindication vs Barrera, and the 4 fights with Pacquiao alone basically are better resume wise then Hopkins entire career.

I mean he has what? Felix Trinidad? Fat Oscar? Tarver? Pavlik? Pascal?

Marquez has Pacquiao 4x, Barrera, Gainer, John, Casamayor, and Diaz

Comment

Hopkins obviously JMM could surpass him if he continues on this amazing run in his 40's but I seriously doubt it

Comment

Working...
                    X