No announcement yet.

Lets stop blaming Donaire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets stop blaming Donaire.

Come on guys. He's a natural counter puncher and was forced to fight an aggressive fight against a guy that was happy to just pitty pat jab and move away. The south african wasn't even throwing his jab with authority. He was content to throw a little jab then move away as fast as possible. The guy was huge but fought like a scared girl that was afraid to be hit. The reason Donaire was hit as much as he was was because he was being aggressive and had to make the fight. He had to take more chances because the guy was using ALL of his height and reach. The South African actually made the fight boring to me. If Donaire didnt fight aggressive like he did tonight there would be no fight. Did Donaire look great? No he didnt. But sometimes you can't look good against people that are trying to spoil the fight and get a cheap win.

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
    Come on guys. He's a natural counter puncher and was forced to fight an aggressive fight against a guy that was happy to just pitty pat jab and move away. The south african wasn't even throwing his jab with authority. He was content to throw a little jab then move away as fast as possible. The guy was huge but fought like a scared girl that was afraid to be hit. The reason Donaire was hit as much as he was was because he was being aggressive and had to make the fight. He had to take more chances because the guy was using ALL of his height and reach. The South African actually made the fight boring to me. If Donaire didnt fight aggressive like he did tonight there would be no fight. Did Donaire look great? No he didnt. But sometimes you can't look good against people that are trying to spoil the fight and get a cheap win.
    Let's stop blaming his opponents for Donaire's performance. Part of boxing, and he won right, so why complain?

Comment

I agree. Mathebula relied on nothing but jabs, and while a TON landed, Donaire didn't respect any of them. Nonito moves his head a lot but with the reach of Mathebula combined with Nonito's glove placement it was bound to happen.

It was a rough fight, and Mathebula made it that way. But Nonito won clearly. Those scorecards were ridiculous though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        Let's stop blaming his opponents for Donaire's performance. Part of boxing, and he won right, so why complain?
        Well let's be honest. When his opponents came to fight they got KOed. His last 2 opponents didnt really come to fight and i can't blame them after seeing Montiel twitching on the canvas.

Comment

Working...
        X